Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm not opening a can of worms with this question!

I have been able to source some "new old stock" fairing panels at a good price for the TA 650 I'm tidying up. For not much more than it would have cost for plastic welding and repaint of the existing ones. Consequently, I'm keen to protect them as far as possible. I know so-called "crash" bars only provide protection in stationary topples or slow-speed drops but that's better than nothing..

I know SW Motech and Givi both make such things for the TA 650. I understand there are others. However, with the TA 650 now getting on a bit, who actually still has bars available? Brand X may have been great 20 years ago but do they still make them? Chasing "ghost" brands around doesn't really appeal. At least the two brands mentioned do still list them on their websites so I assume they have them available.

The two brands mentioned have quite different approaches to their designs. What is the word on how they work? Quality of manufacture? Has anyone on here put them to the ultimate test?

Are there any other brands that are known to actually be available?

Any advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I got mine from Heed in Poland. Easy to fit & good value - haven't put them to the ultimate test.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those Heed bars look great. But.....they won't ship them to New Zealand.

Anyone know a way to get around that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed the SW Motech crash bars on my PD 10 in 2008, sturdy, work well. "Worst case" was offroad use in Southamerica (once blown sideways from heavy gusts while riding at low speed; once lost traction on loose gravel and rocks, dropped the bike and had to move it on the ground before being able to lift it up) => only a few scratches on the crash bars, no damage to the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts