Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh My god !!!!!

Had a test ride on a Ducati 1098 on Tuesday, came into a slight downhill 3rd gear corner at about 60mph, and right in front of me not a diesel spill but a diesel slick !!!! could not avoid it and down she went.

I was fine, although badly bruised, feel like i have been in a washing machine for 30 minutes !!!!

I called the police on the mobile, and they came out and closed the road, so that it could be cleaned.

Then i had to make the "awkward" call to the shop !!!!!! they were brilliant, came out to pick me up, and did not even charge me the £500 insurance excess.

the bike had 600 miles on the clock, i guess if you are going to crash then crash the best !!!! certainly to be added to my biking CV

Mind you what a bike, quite comfortable really, and totally orgasmic to look at and ride, power everywhere and telepathic handling, the best bike i have ever ridden, perfect balance. I rode an MV Agusta F41000 a few years back this was much better.

very,very special bike.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
You didn't find my fuel cap there did you Shep?...........;) :D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
the best bike i have ever ridden, .
You seem to struggle to make up your mind:D
" I have sold my Varadero, quite happy with the price i got. I also had a Honda VFR800 which i sold to a good mate, so i test rode the Honda VFR VTEC, to put it as simply as i can THE BEST BIKE I HAVE EVER RODE. I love all the VFR,s my favorite bikes,some bikes just suit your particular riding style and some do not, the VFR,s suit perfectly my style"
from here

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26616
:D:D:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Oh My god !!!!!

Had a test ride on a Ducati 1098 on Tuesday, came into a slight downhill 3rd gear corner at about 60mph, and right in front of me not a diesel spill but a diesel slick !!!! could not avoid it and down she went.

I was fine, although badly bruised, feel like i have been in a washing machine for 30 minutes !!!!

I called the police on the mobile, and they came out and closed the road, so that it could be cleaned.

Then i had to make the "awkward" call to the shop !!!!!! they were brilliant, came out to pick me up, and did not even charge me the £500 insurance excess.

the bike had 600 miles on the clock, i guess if you are going to crash then crash the best !!!! certainly to be added to my biking CV

Mind you what a bike, quite comfortable really, and totally orgasmic to look at and ride, power everywhere and telepathic handling, the best bike i have ever ridden, perfect balance. I rode an MV Agusta F41000 a few years back this was much better.

very,very special bike.
shep if you didnt like the toy bike built for pigmys just take it back to the dealer....no need to throw it down the feckin road:D:D:D:D

no harm done your ok:thumbup:

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
Glad you're ok Shep.

I wish I was small enough to fit onto one of those sports bikes. I've only ever ridden an Exup and was stunned at the engineering and performance.

Mind you, the MV is so beautiful, I'd just get one and hang it on my wall (when my numbers come up! :blob:)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
hmmm numbers:D if they did a full fat mansized version i would be interested but this is waht it look like when i get on one now days:D:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oi bike manufacturers we arnt all feckin imps ya know:D:D

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
hmmm numbers:D if they did a full fat mansized version i would be interested but this is waht it look like when i get on one now days:D:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oi bike manufacturers we arnt all feckin imps ya know:D:D
LMAO!!! :toothy10::toothy10:

And I'm not that much smaller than you :toothy10: sports bikes are getting shorter too. So if I find one made in the 1870s, maybe I'll be able to get on it without taking up yoga again :)

·
Registered
153 Posts

Edited for accuracy - is it running time?:hiding:

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Edited for accuracy - is it running time?:hiding:
Was that one of those Chinese made mini,supermoto thingies?:D
Glad you're okay Shep.:thumbup:

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Shep
Glad to hear you are ok. those italians things rust like hell so i reckon it wanted to roll in the diesel to try and preserve itself
Merv

·
Registered
14 Posts
you should be given a medal for wrecking the italian piece of kac those ducati things are designed by monkeys for monkeys no human is the right shape for those things,i owned a zx10r for 3 weeks from brand new took it back to dealership and told him to give me a bike fitted for humans, so what if it can do 103mph in first!! sports bikes are sh*t imho:angel7:

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts

i have the same problem!

the only 'sport' bikes that i can fit on seem to be thundercats, Older CBR600s or the older ZXR600s some of the kwaks are huge in fact!

i was giggling at one of the latest 600s - i could damn near pick it up and put it in my pocket!

bloody hobbit-bikes!

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
That's a bit of a bummer but at least you weren't badly hurt.

:sign5::sign5::sign5::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
You seem to struggle to make up your mind:D
" I have sold my Varadero, quite happy with the price i got. I also had a Honda VFR800 which i sold to a good mate, so i test rode the Honda VFR VTEC, to put it as simply as i can THE BEST BIKE I HAVE EVER RODE. I love all the VFR,s my favorite bikes,some bikes just suit your particular riding style and some do not, the VFR,s suit perfectly my style"
from here

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26616
:D:D:D

Somebody trying to boost his post count :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't know two posts in two minutes you must be reall desperate to catch Chad.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
Glad you're OK.

Nice bike shame about the servicing intervals and costs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was absolutely fine, apart from some mega bruising which is now going down nicely. Little bit shocked that it happenned more than anythimng else, wounded pride !!!!! also does make you think a little as to wshat can happen. I have been nice and slow ever since !!!

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: oi bike manufacturers we arnt all feckin chimps ya know:D:D
If you shaved less often you might get mistaken for a gorilla, but a chimp? Never!

:D

-Simon

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Shazzys old man bought an urban tiger fireblade before pocket rockets started to shrink in the rain no pictures yet as he is 6.1":D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts