Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I had posted about my RC8 track day a while ago and was propper excited, we had a very very wet day at silverstone yesterday and I crashed one!
Lost the back end going into the right hander at the end of the pit straight, "I can save it" I thought... I couldn`t!
When I had the bars at full opposite lock I gave up and put it down on the deck to avoid a highside. One very long slide (down the track, over the grass and across the run off) with my foot stuck under the bike later and the result was some mashed and muddy leathers, a completely ground away right boot and a very second hand RC8! I managed to keep my head up and saved my lid though!

Then I had to do the walk of shame down the pit lane, the KTM guys were understanding though, more worried about me!

I was in good company, Terry Rymer crashed in exactly the same spot as me earlier in the day, but he managed a big highside and really mashed a bike!

Getting a proper ribbing at work today, as I deserve really!
Got away with it pretty lightly I reckon, one very sore foot with a BIG bruise, a few others in various places and a stiff back. The main bonus is no repair bill! Not bad considering I was doing around 125mph on the straight and probably hit the deck at 80 ish!
My boss took some pics of me proudly stood with the wrecked bike in the pits, I`ll try to post them up when I get them off his phone...

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Yep, I had posted about my RC8 track day a while ago and was propper excited, we had a very very wet day at silverstone yesterday and I crashed one!
Lost the back end going into the right hander at the end of the pit straight, "I can save it" I thought... I couldn`t!
When I had the bars at full opposite lock I gave up and put it down on the deck to avoid a highside. One very long slide (down the track, over the grass and across the run off) with my foot stuck under the bike later and the result was some mashed and muddy leathers, a completely ground away right boot and a very second hand RC8! I managed to keep my head up and saved my lid though!

Then I had to do the walk of shame down the pit lane, the KTM guys were understanding though, more worried about me!

I was in good company, Terry Rymer crashed in exactly the same spot as me earlier in the day, but he managed a big highside and really mashed a bike!

Getting a proper ribbing at work today, as I deserve really!
Got away with it pretty lightly I reckon, one very sore foot with a BIG bruise, a few others in various places and a stiff back. The main bonus is no repair bill! Not bad considering I was doing around 125mph on the straight and probably hit the deck at 80 ish!
My boss took some pics of me proudly stood with the wrecked bike in the pits, I`ll try to post them up when I get them off his phone...
the main thing is your ok mate ...its a stunning bike what did you think of it before you [email protected] it up:toothy3::toothy3::toothy3::toothy3:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Congratulations, someone had to do it :thumbup::thumbup:

-Simon

PS Perhaps KTM let you buy it for next to nothing, then you can fix it up with the parts at trade prices and let us all have a go?

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Glad your ok :thumbright:

Did you enjoy the bike before you binned it :confused:

What are they like:confused:

Simon

·
2,701 Posts
Don't tell me none of your mates got a video of the 'off' :rolleyes: :D :D

Just can't get the staff these days :rolleyes:

Good to hear you're ok.:thumbup::thumbup: ( means we can take the p*ss ) :D :D :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again! Sorry, just moved house and BT are dragging their feet connecting tinternet.

Thanks for the concern over my well being, feel free to piss take all you like!

The bike is simply awesome to ride, the power is very linear from bottom to top, it just pulls like a train. So easy to ride and very confidence inspiring (maybe a bit too much confidence in my case...) It feels very light and is really easy to flick side to side, I think having the exhaust slung so low really helps.

I only stuffed it cos I was in motocross mode, I tend to push harder and harder until I fall off, then I know the absolute limit. Great on a dirt bike, not so great on a superbike!

Injuries are rearing their heads now, my foot is swollen and properly bruised! My back seems to have taken a pounding too as I bounced over the grass.
Looking at the remains of my boot I think if I`d slid much further I`d have lost a toe or two!

If you are into this sort of bike then get a test ride, I really think it`s up there with the best.

No video unfortunately, I was just too far round the corner. I`m still trying to get the pic of the remains off my bosses phone though. I`ll post it when I get it.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
ALL THOSE CUSTOMERS !!! lined up and waiting patiently for delivery of their RC8's - and the "STAFF" bin 2 of them !!!!!.

I'm waiting to get a full report from Laura and Raymond at AVUSS who were at the same event - lucky bassas !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts