Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Waiting for some of those to be delivered ,are they the 1600lm ones ? <--- scratch that , I should have read it properly.
I have contrived a good way of wiring the ones I'm getting , check out post 55watt , should work a treat:thumbup:

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
It'll be interesting to hear how they are for seeing with, I have a pair of LED lights that are completely useless for seeing with but people often say that they are incredibly noticeable in traffic, I once pulled up at the side of another biker at the lights and he said he thought I was a Rozzer.

I'd like to fit a different pair of lights to actually see with at some point.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I bought some 3led 1500LM ones off ebay but with flat backs and they are on permanently as day lights but do provide good flood of near light at night

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I got the little ones (600 lumen) and they are brilliant. They don't reach far but give a decent spread and as said before you WILL be noticed by other road users which is the important bit for me. I believe they do now 2400 lumen ones which should be even better. Just watch so you dont melt the tarmac. Stuart from this forum got 6!!! of them on his guzzi:thumbup:

Here is a pic of them. As I said they are the little ones

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I got the little ones (600 lumen) and they are brilliant. They don't reach far but give a decent spread and as said before you WILL be noticed by other road users which is the important bit for me. I believe they do now 2400 lumen ones which should be even better. Just watch so you dont melt the tarmac. Stuart from this forum got 6!!! of them on his guzzi:thumbup:
They also do 3000lm bunny busters with a dimmer to 1600lm

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
They also do 3000lm bunny busters with a dimmer to 1600lm
Dimmer??? Why??
I want to burn the retinas of these stupid fecks on my commute. Maybe they notice me when their rear view mirror melts:toothy7:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
They don't reach all that far indeed, you need a decent reflector for that which these things just don't have, but they do put out a boatload of light in the short-to-medium distance.

Here's 2x 1500lm:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Dimmer??? Why??
I want to burn the retinas of these stupid fecks on my commute. Maybe they notice me when their rear view mirror melts:toothy7:
Cos I don't want to blind you as I come up behind before overtaking you ,ya dum sh*t.
You got enough problems without having a case of arc eye as well :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes the same as ive got but 900lm. Very good in the dark they give a 10-15 meter spread each side of the bike coupled with the main beam all i could ask for. Also in the daylight you can be seen a long way away.

Thumbs up from me :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Quickie on these. Did you put any washers in or anything to help hold them in place? Mine connect via bolt that has a philips head on one end a 7mm nut on the other. There is a metal tube in the middle. Possibly because of where I fitted them they are difficult to tighten and one of mine keeps dropping. I was thinking of a couple of rubber washers. Or am I just being a woos and need to tighten them a big tighter?

·
Africa Twin RWB 2003
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quickie on these. Did you put any washers in or anything to help hold them in place? Mine connect via bolt that has a philips head on one end a 7mm nut on the other. There is a metal tube in the middle. Possibly because of where I fitted them they are difficult to tighten and one of mine keeps dropping. I was thinking of a couple of rubber washers. Or am I just being a woos and need to tighten them a big tighter?
Mine came with 7mm nuts on the inside to lock em off, but its real tight in there to get a spanner on em. Managed it and they seem tight enough. but a tube would be a better job.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Found a better 7mm ring spanner and managed to put three extra quarter turns on, which seems to have resolved it.

I was originally only able to hold the nut in place and tighten using the screwdriver. You get it tighter turning the nut.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts