Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a full fmf exhaust system to my bike and can't believe what a difference it's made much more poke and much faster highly recommended :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nick,
I've just bought one of these bikes and would be interested to hear more about what the difference was like and if you fitted the electric box to tune it as well? I'm thinking of doing the same as they are a bit asthmatic as standard.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Nick,
I've just bought one of these bikes and would be interested to hear more about what the difference was like and if you fitted the electric box to tune it as well? I'm thinking of doing the same as they are a bit asthmatic as standard.
I fitted a Yoshimura to mine. Managed to buy a full system cheap. It was from a bike that had been written off, and the header was properly trashed...
Took it Rayson's in Whitefield, and young Ben did a truly amazing job to put it right...lovely bloke to deal with. https://www.raysonsuk.com

Anyway, as for the pipe, and would I recommend it? It has a bit more 'pep' than stock (I'm not running fuel controller) but it's not a 'night and day' difference. the weight saving is a boon, but the increased noise level could be an issue if you plan on doing any longer distances, or of you're greenlaning close to residential areas.

best money I spent on my CRF so far:
smaller front sprocket
Bajaworx screen (enabled me to install satnav out of the elements, above the instrument cluster)
Mitas E7 tyres
YSS shock
Scott steering stabilizer (fabulous!)

You can spend a lot on the CRF...it'll never be a KTM Sixdays, or an R1200 GS...but then it's about a fifth of the price, does 80 odd to the gallon and you tend to nail it wherever you ride! What's not to like? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts