Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, iv recently purchesed a 2014 crf 450r, on adjusting the chain I found a seized adjuster and yes like a t**t I snapped it trying to undo, iv tried several metal drill bits to drill out without success, my question is can anyone recommend a drill bit that will get through the snapped hardened steel bolt also needs to be ideally longer than standard size to be able to keep drillbit central. ANY surgestions will be very welcome,

failing that can anyone tell tell me what year swingarm will fit a 2014. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have had the same problem last year , i snapped both , :( first one i get out with a sharpened masonry bit , the second i had to take it to an local engineering firm , they charged me £25

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8CF3F6D1-E7B1-495E-B9F6-20F9158F5FFD.jpeg 9D542A4C-BDFB-45B8-BFDC-4F71FFAFC3FD.jpeg I ended up taking it to engineering company, cost me £65 :rolleyes: but it’s sorted now,, however now I have a new problem, going through the whole bike seLs & bearings, iv got to the lower linkage, I removed the triangle part ok but tried to remove the linkage bolt/shaft (the one with chain roller on) removed the nut from below the rear brake lever and the shaft/bolt was seized solid, I managed to free it up so it rotates pretty freely but I can not get the bolt to pull out, iv even put the nut back on and give it a few walks but not budging. Am I doin* somthing wrong because I presumed it was just undo nut and hold chain roller then pull and the bolt will slide out releasing the U shaped linkage part..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes well and truly seized, I was at it all day trying to release it and managed to move it about 3mm if that? Seized solid, even had a go at the knuckle bearings and there seized/welded solid also, used a blind bearing puller and all 4 bearing lips just broke away from bearing so proper 🤬 now,

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you get a dremel style tool you should be able the grind through the bearing shell then they should be able to be pulled out , as for the lower link arm you may have to cut it out and replace it :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Endo987 you must be a mind reader ha, that is exactly what I’m going to try, iv ordered a set of carbide burrs for my dremel (hopefully will work) to groove a couple channels in bearing to weaken and then prize out. also found a used replacment knuckle and linkage on auction site so waiting for that to arrive. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i hope you get it sorted soon and get to ride it . unfortunately my crf 450x was stolen last night by some very nice person:cwm21::cwm21::cwm21:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolute SCUM mate, seems to be so many going missing now days, I feel for you bud. Read about missing bikes daily on social media. If only they put as much effort into a f***ing job they could buy there own and have some self respect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts