Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I own both a crf1000 and rd07a. My crf1000 is having its wheels replaced under warranty due to spoke errosion. Question I have is could the old wheels be respoked to the rd07a hub as I love the gold wheels? Obviously assuming that the dealer will sell me the old wheels

·
Registered
273 Posts
You're in the best position to determine this as there probably aren't too many of us that have both bikes to look at. First off are the rims the same width and diameter, do they both have the same number of spokes, are the spoke flanges on the hubs a similar distance apart. If so the spoke angles will be similar and it's entirely possible without redrilling the rims..........
good luck

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
The front will be OK, it's the rear that will be a problem as it's wider than an RD07a rim so will cause difficulty for clearance, especially if you try and fit aggressive off road tyres. I got a 150 tyre on the RD07a rim but it was unworkable for an on the trail fix. Full on tyre remover / bead breaker was needed. Clearance was not enough to clear the chain guard that now has a nice worn away section due to the tyre rubbing

·
Registered
25 Posts
They wont sell you the old wheels... Honda insists the replaced under warranty parts are retrurned or destroyed as per their individual instructions.
Selling one item risks Honda revoking the dealers franchise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The rear wheel on the CRF is 18" and 17" on the XRV so with the added width it might have clearance issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts