Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second post.....

Nightmare!☹

I have cracked the crankcase cover (rhs) and clutch case cover after hitting a rock. Does any know if the crankcase cove from a CRF250R will fit on the X?? It's a 2005 model.

They do look very similar but the Honda part numbers differ somewhat.

Cheers

Jack

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
When you get it fixed you could do with putting on some case savers. I have them on my DRZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a bash plate, perhaps need to add some more protection����

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you can wait until i can figure out how to put a piccy on here i make carbon cover for clutch cover side for my 04 crf 250 x and it fits great i have no problems i make them from carbon, kevlar ,i alo make a replica scotts bah plate its a little tight to fit but its light and strong ,i live in the mountain and i have used it a lot worth fitting..wish i could end some pics

·
Registered
694 Posts
if you can wait until i can figure out how to put a piccy on here i make carbon cover for clutch cover side for my 04 crf 250 x and it fits great i have no problems i make them from carbon, kevlar ,i alo make a replica scotts bah plate its a little tight to fit but its light and strong ,i live in the mountain and i have used it a lot worth fitting..wish i could end some pics
If your going to make a cover make 2 as i will have one off you :thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is the last cover i made with some old material (i am by no means a proffessional ) but i like to try ..This is for the clutch cover and i made it to fit over the existing clutch cover (original) i have nbeen using this for over a year in some pretty horrible places and it has stood up well (i try to test everything i make ) but at least it gives you an idea of what i can do ..Moulds are the problem and the time consuming part so unless i already make it or you have a mould i would have to think about making it as the time involved and the end product determines my decision..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts