Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has said its Crossrunner will sell for £9,075 on the road, including DVLA first registration fee and taxes.

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
in fairness - thats not a bad price..
Does it come with a blindfold, so you can't actually see the bike...?

Seen it up close at the Dutch Bike Show... God it's FUGLY!

:D:D:D

JB

·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
Only £9000!!! I'll have two. :)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
A good price but what is the standard bike?
Does it come fully kitted or are they costly extras?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Does it come with a blindfold, so you can't actually see the bike...?

Seen it up close at the Dutch Bike Show... God it's FUGLY!

:D:D:D

JB
im afraid i agree, honda seems to want lookalike bikes, new VFR, new CBR600, this crosswotsit etc all have similar front ends. shame nobody in the design department has any taste.
no, let me edit that, nobody in any design dept in JAPAN has any taste, have you seen that nissan juke puke monstrosity?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Same price as the current Varadero - smaller, lighter, more compact, as powerful on motorways etc, better economy.....nah, cant see it catching on to the general public.

Personally, Id like to see it with racks on the rear and topbox before Id buy one - I couldnt see anywhere to attach them properly whe I looked at the demo model at the show.

If it does take these easily - them im in trouble.....cant say I love the looks - but feck that, its a bike, im going to be riding it not looking at it! Didnt exactly fall in love with the transalp on looks - it was the ride!

Lets see if one turns up at TLD!

Bet someone will have one.

I loved my old VFR750's engine - love the V4 in general. The VFR just needed better brakes and forks but otherwise Id never have parted with it.

Good value for money in my book.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
9 grand for 200kg of bike is cheap?

The equivalent car, pound for pound, would be 60-80K!!

Perhaps I'm a bit out of touch, but that seems like a lot of money!
I think we are getting too used to seeing 10, 12, 15K price tags to make 9K sound like a good deal!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yip - thats modern times for you - the Alp went up nearly £2k last year.

Compare against the rest of the bikes...not tintops...no comparison as I wouldne want one.

Same price as VaraD, only £2k more than Alp.
£1k more than 800GS - way less than a 1200GS.
Bit more than a Tiger 1050, think theyre £8k?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Considering I sold my VFR-800 and bought a Transalp because although I loved the engine I didn't love the ride position, and I was considering the Varadero as well - I think I might like the new Crossrunner quite a bit. Not seen it in the flesh as yet but I don't think it is that ugly, it will grow on us.

The only issue I have is the deal I got on my Transalp when I bought it at 6 months old, due to special circumstances, made it excellent value for money. To sell my Transalp for say £4k, then find another £5k to buy the Crossrunner when what I have now does all that I need perfectly well and is paid for is difficult to justify.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
On looks alone it's a no go for me, not even if it was £900, don't like the back end at all somethings missing, it' not a sports bike so mass centralisation and leaving bits off for a better power to weight ratio aren't really that relevant... But it just don't look right to me, might be different in the flesh thoguh

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The lack of rear subframe is my main worry too, how's it supposed to support panniers?

Maybe less of a tour bike and more long day out but even a top box will look out of place on that tiny subframe.

Will be interested to see what Honda offer on accessories and how it looks/works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luggage details (straight from Honda) are:

Top box
A 31-litre top box features newly designed double-link hinges and an advanced sealing system, giving an incredibly smooth feel and quality finish. Its single-key operation reveals enough capacity to swallow a full-face helmet. The top box is colour-matched to the bike. An internal mat can be added, with secure holding straps which fix to the top box floor to secure both small and large packages. A top box backrest is also available for increased pillion comfort.

Panniers
Twin 29-litre panniers offer further storage options for the Crossrunner and are colour-matched to the top box and the rest of the bike. On the right-hand side, a heat shield protects the pannier and its contents from the heat of the exhaust. The left-hand unit can accommodate most helmets. A central re-positioning kit ensures that the rear indicators remain highly visible. As for the top box, an internal sealing system accentuates the smooth design of the Crossrunner panniers, which are operated with a single key. Other luggage options include matching inner bags for both panniers and top box, which make maximum use of the available storage space and can be carried using a handy shoulder strap.

5558328159_fff8a99272_z.jpg

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

Top box
A 31-litre top box features newly designed double-link hinges and an advanced sealing system, giving an incredibly smooth feel and quality finish. Its single-key operation reveals enough capacity to swallow a full-face helmet. The top box is colour-matched to the bike. An internal mat can be added, with secure holding straps which fix to the top box floor to secure both small and large packages. A top box backrest is also available for increased pillion comfort.

Panniers
Twin 29-litre panniers offer further storage options for the Crossrunner and are colour-matched to the top box and the rest of the bike. On the right-hand side, a heat shield protects the pannier and its contents from the heat of the exhaust. The left-hand unit can accommodate most helmets. A central re-positioning kit ensures that the rear indicators remain highly visible. As for the top box, an internal sealing system accentuates the smooth design of the Crossrunner panniers, which are operated with a single key. Other luggage options include matching inner bags for both panniers and top box, which make maximum use of the available storage space and can be carried using a handy shoulder strap.

View attachment 11400
Bit confused now. Is that a picture of what the Crosstourer will look like?

This is the crossrunner. ? http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2011-honda-crossrunner/

Sent from my iPhone using Magic

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Top box

Panniers

View attachment 11400
The rear panniers give the bike a more balanced look. The support for the panniers must be there. I havent seen one in the flesh yet but that picture looks good, tubless spoked wheels?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yea - that image is the Tourer not the Runner.

Cant find images of the Runner ANYWHERE on the internet - everyone has the press release text as copied and pasted direct from the press pack on release of the pricing - but even that doesnt have any images of the runner with the luggage added.

I know that underneath, the Alp has only a single bar frame supporting the luggage - hence it states the top box supporting just 10KGs, but at least the surrounding plastics aid air flow around 3rd party stuff...reckon the Honda stuff will probably bend into every nook it can to fit nicely but if you want something else, its gonna look out of place on the runner and stick out like a sore thumb.

Im not a fan of the Honda luggage in the past but will hold my opinion until I see it in the flesh....hate how the top box fits though and the key entry/release handles. Like how they fit in their tailored fashion and at least one side can take a helmet along with the topbox....probably not a flip helmet though.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Whats this one then runner or tourer ???

Ok that one the runner , these are the tourer

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Whats this one then runner or tourer ???

Chain and alloy wheels so that is the crossrunner.

The crosstourer (if made) is spoked wheels, shaft driven and is the 1200 engine....

Or am I wrong

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Chain and alloy wheels so that is the crossrunner.

The crosstourer (if made) is spoked wheels, shaft driven and is the 1200 engine....

Or am I wrong

Check my previous post i just edited it

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Check my previous post i just edited it
Thanks Jason

I can't get giddy about the crossrunner but I wouldn't mind raiding the kids piggy bank if the crosstourer was made - it would almost replace the varadero

1 - 20 of 23 Posts