Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
I'm guessing there's an internal discussion going on in Honda about how many models are sustainable. I talking to one chap who pointed out that whenever a model's sales start to tail off Honda always looks to revitalise the bike rather than just ditch it, whereas BMW drops old models in favour of new ones.

What you may see is the Crossover family - there are more to come - taking the place of the Transalp, Vara and possibly even the bigger XR models. It won't happen over night, though.
jesus i can think of nothing more guaranteed , to send me screaming towards the other manufacturers , they need get in a room with the pillock thats coming up with this kind of thinking and pistol whip them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
....Maybe if I saw it in the flesh... and took it for a test ride... Nah, can't afford it.
:joker:
when it first came out and I saw virtual pictures on the internet, I kind of liked it. Now I am not too sure and to my taste, Triumph have come up with a more desirable bike to look at....imho.....and I still wouldn't swap....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
687 Posts
can anyone give me the maximum loaded capacities of both the Crossrunner and the crosstourer.

the varadero is a beast which can lug around 205kg (i am told) and still be within specs. I wonder if the new additions are as capable. they would have to be if they are going for the long trip biker rather than the weekend rider?

cheers.

R.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Accessories price list just out

12V DC SocketPower additional electric equipment with this handy 12V DC Socket Kit.£76.60
Averto Security Alarm KitFeaturing the very latest anti-theft technology, this compact alarm unit has a 118db siren, a movement and shock detector featuring 8 sensitivity settings and a double immobiliser to ensure the engine can not be started by ignition key alone. With a back-up battery and a low-consumption sleep mode, the battery is protected from draining. Easy to install by means of connectors and pre-wiring.£355.37
Akrapovic Titanium Slip-on ExhaustDelivering great looks and increased performance, this street legal slip-on exhaust conforms to all exhaust system noise level regulations for street use.£809.82
Pannier Inner BagCarry your day to day necessities with this black Nylon bag with a silver Honda logo on the front. It has a front pocket that will hold an A4-size file, adjustable shoulder strap and carrying handle. Can be stowed in either Panniers or Top Box.£82.21
Cargo NetHolds luggage to rear carrier and pillion seat. Black colour£19.40
35L (Right) and 39L (Left) Pannier KitA set of two Alu-look panniers designed to look fully integrated on the Crosstourer. Kit includes a Pannier Stay Set, an additional lock barrel and spare keys.£960.00
32L Top BoxAn Alu-look Top Box offering carrying capacity to store two full-face helmets and more. Featuring a quick-locking and easily detachable mounting system it includes a Top Box Bracket, Mat, Straps and Pad.£573.60
Top Box Inner BagCarry your day-to-day necessities with this black Nylon bag with Honda logo. It will fit perfectly in the Top Box and features an adjustable shoulder strap and carrying handle. Can be stowed in either Panniers or Top Box.£49.94
Top Box and Pannier Kit (Combined)Top Box and Pannier full kit£1,450.96
U-LockKeep your Crosstourer safe with this tamper-resistant barrel key U-Lock that fits neatly under the seat.£93.96
Main StandA necessity for more secure parking on variable ground surfaces, a Mainstand also facilitates cleaning and rear wheel maintenance.£181.86
Outdoor CoverA water-resistant and breathable cover that allows the motorcycle to dry whilst covered, and protects the paintwork from U.V. rays. Supplied with an anti-flutter rope and two U-Lock holes. It can be used when Top Box and/or Panniers are fitted.£109.27
Tank PadA black polyurethane Tank Pad that will help to protect the fuel tank from scratches.£41.71
Cowl Ornament KitProtect the front cowl with this tubular-steel frame, specifically designed for the Crosstourer. Finished in metallic silver to match the crankcase cover.£262.58
Protective FilmProtect your paintwork against scuffs and scratches with this high quality easy to apply self adhesive clear film. A4 in size, it can be cut to fit.£16.34
Fairing Deflector KitA set of left and right black polyurethane deflectors that fit to the upper and lower fairing and extend the amount of wind protection for both rider and pillion. They can be painted to colour-match your bike.£84.42
Touring ScreenA Polycarbonate windshield that features deflectors for improved protection and rider comfort.£127.72
Heated Grip Kit (360°)Extremely slim Heated Grip Kit, with integrated control for maximum rider-comfort. Features 3-step variable heating levels, with integrated circuit to protect the battery from draining and smart heat allocation that focuses on the area of the hands that are most sensitive to the cold. Must be combined with additional Quartet Wiring Harness.£26.75
DCT Pedal ShiftFoot operated pedal for DCT£300.91
Front Fog Lamp Attachment KitRequired to attach Fog Lamps£281.52
Front LED Fog Lamp KitFor those gloomy days and nights or when riding in mountain cloud, a pair of adjustable bright white LED Front Fog Lamps with a single switch bracket.£325.31
Top Box BracketA specially designed Top Box Bracket system which allows a fully laden Top Box to float left and right like the perfect pillion so as not to compromise the cornering dynamics of your motorcycle. Includes the Top Box Carrier.£56.26

·
17,680 Posts
jesus christ 1500 sovs for that iffy luggage set:shock:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
300 for a gear change ya don't need :angel10:

ok Chris you been told why it was disposable? i.e. wont start after dropping?

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I'm guessing there's an internal discussion going on in Honda about how many models are sustainable. I talking to one chap who pointed out that whenever a model's sales start to tail off Honda always looks to revitalise the bike rather than just ditch it, whereas BMW drops old models in favour of new ones.

What you may see is the Crossover family - there are more to come - taking the place of the Transalp, Vara and possibly even the bigger XR models. It won't happen over night, though.
I think so, they have the perfect example of the new 700 engine with 3 different models, all based around the same basic concept and running gear. Mind the Brit bike industry did much the same 50 odd years ago :)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
jesus christ 1500 sovs for that iffy luggage set:shock:
This sort of design feature is why Givi et al, are still thriving! If they can't do it for well under a grand within 6 months, I will be surprised...

The gear "lever" will be copied and be available for a fraction of the price PDQ too.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
ok Chris you been told why it was disposable? i.e. wont start after dropping?
Apparently it worked back at the hotel and may just have been a bit rushed - as they did literally have spare bikes in the van they had another one out and ready for me within about ten minutes.

They have spent a while trying to work out why it would not start and they reckon the spill caused: "a loss of hydraulic pressure to the clutch meaning that the dog of the transmission was not in the right place to engage gear. Once the bike had been righted and had travelled back to the Hotel, it started fine and engaged gear perfectly."

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Oh well, if that happens to an owner in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure he/she will be able to borrow a replacement bike for the rest of the day while someone takes it by truck to the next hotel. Nothing to concern ourselves about, then.

·
17,680 Posts
Oh well, if that happens to an owner in the middle of nowhere, I'm sure he/she will be able to borrow a replacement bike for the rest of the day while someone takes it by truck to the next hotel. Nothing to concern ourselves about, then.
took the words right out of my mouth:toothy10:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts