Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Posh Bird
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Bob nudged me to post some pics of my travels in the States.... so here are a few in case anyone's interested....
First night camping in California, it was windy, stony and I hardly slept.... I did wonder what on earth I'd let myself in for..... a few months of this??
And it was beautiful, wild and barren..... it's near to the Mojave desert.

Second night... now we're talking..... soft sand, beautiful desrts dunes and just happened to meet a fellow biker (he was putting it on the back of his truck)....oh and free, had to take your own water though and nothing for miles.... perfect.... the sandy track getting to it was a bit hectic though especially fully laiden....but I knew there were people about to help me if I dropped her...

Me posing at Hole in The Rock.... it looked like swiss cheese.

The Mojave.... it's big...

Funky little gas station on route 66 Amboy

Was picked up by this motly pair on route 66 - did a u-turn and headed to Las Vegas with them. One was a Canadian and the other had ridden from Bulgaria....

So we got there and met a lovely guy on a Goldwing who adopted us for 24hrs and took us back to his and took us out and about in Vegas.

So this is what happens when you go north with others when your plan had origonally been to stay as far south as possible..... Needless to say no riding that day!! Luckily it all melted the next morning.

A beautifully brooding sky in the middle of nowhere, and we managed to stay dry that day too...

a mad little town Ottman on route 66 again where the mules just roamed around in the streets. And yes it was p***ing down :D

We picked up another straggler in Ottman - an English guy from Worthing (only 20mins away from my home!) so here we have two Brits on London Bridge at Lake Havasu in the USA.....:confused:

My last morning travelling with the guys and a great cactus outside the motel. One of the great things about travelling with others is that motels were as cheap as campsites when shared.

Funky mailboxes by the side of the road.... near Julian California

Wise words on a friends fridge in LA

Glorious Joshua Tree national park..... incredibly beautiful....

A joshua tree in Joshua Tree...

A lovely little spot in Joshua Tree. In the day I was boiling and I woke in the morning to find frost on everything.

Tombstone Arizona - a great little town full of people who just dress up as though it was still the wild west - lots of western history and some brilliantly eccentric people. I ended up staying with a group of harley riders in a biker friendly motel (Trailriders I really reccomend it if anyone's passing by!!) run by an English bloke. They all adopted me for the night and gave me a place to stay in one of their rooms as the place was full. I sang my first Kareoke that night too. Loved it...

Well that's all for now.... :D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
:) Yes Jem, YES !!!!! Ha Ha......:)

Went through that desert in back of a pick up (red ? me ? :rolleyes: )

Looking good there...I'm all wistful....

Great how the bars there seem to get some music on the go innit !!!

Utah's worth a look ...(I think you're not far off) Salt flats and all that.

Keep postin' Jem...and stay safe...:toothy3:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Looks like the dream Jem be safe and enjoy:thumbright:
Phil

·
Registered
924 Posts
loving the pictures and write up, keep em coming ! :thumbright:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Looks like a dream trip - watch out for serial killers!!!
All the best.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Absolutely brilliant write up :thumbleft:

Like the way you are bonding with fellow brethren along the way.
Especially like that last photo with the horses - -- Who the hell is " Big Nose Kate ?? " :D:D:D

Well done, keep the pics coming in :thumbleft:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Looks like you're having a ball Jem'ster!!

Nice pics and words, so PLEASE keep them coming, we are all very interested and I'm certainly very envious.

Enjoy every mile of it, stay safe, and avoid MacDonalds!

:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Great pics glad you're enjoying it

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Amazing story and some great photos! Respect, Jem. :thumbright:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Absolutely brilliant write up :thumbleft:

Like the way you are bonding with fellow brethren along the way.
Especially like that last photo with the horses - -- Who the hell is " Big Nose Kate ?? " :D:D:D

Well done, keep the pics coming in :thumbleft:
:cool:

BIG NOSE KATE, Was DOC Hollidays mistress, Had a few drinks in that bar myself great place, Fantastic write up Jem enjoy the rest of your trip,

BIG D

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Full marks Jem, for totally getting it on !!! There are many rivers to cross and it looks like your picking all the right bridges :thumbright: Keep us all updated. :)

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Really enjoying them pics and stories, Jem. Go safe and keep us posted on progress. Me jealous :confused: ? Well, sure I am :thumbup:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Bleedin marvellous! What an adventure, what an adventurer!

A friend commented that he's never been anywhere more foreign than the US. Hope you live to match the opening gambit one good ol' boy tried with him. Mark sat on a stoop. Perfect stranger wanders past. Turns to climb on the stoop. Sits down with a sigh. Stretches a bit. "Howdy visitor!", he said. "You watch the public execution on TV last night?"

:help:

Keep it coming, Jem. :thumbleft:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Fandabby-doby. Very jealous.

Been to Guildford and back recently. Didn't bother taking any photos.:(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts