·
Registered
1,312 Posts
some links
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hondatrailcts/bhondatrailcts#.VLGNx8mCCig
| Welcome to the CT90-CT110 Web Site
Honda CT Trail Bikes
The Honda CT90 Page
HondaTrail90.com - Honda 90 & Honda 110 CT Trail Bike Photos, Help, Part Guide & Forum
http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/manuales/honda/eng manuals

CT bodywork is mostly from US but D&K have some bits, it shares some parts with other 90s although there are early & late types of the post 69 models & quite a few bits are shared with the CT110.
yours appears fairly complete the spine covers were available new on ebay a few years ago
I see the kickstarter is hanging down worn/no splines on the kickstart shaft? check if the parts are available if it is only the spring the caes will have to be split (I think)
here is mine a 1969 since painted the spine and tool box covers
CT90pp2 8-2-15.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Thanks for the response and a very nice CT90 you have.

I noticed in the pictures the rear number plate and light assembly is missing. I asked the seller if he has it as it is described as being complete and he's offered to knock £50 off. Problem is I cant seem to find the parts in the UK to even price up. I have a feeling that £50 isn't going to go very far, it about covers shipping and import duties from the US. Please can you elaborate on D & K? There are also brake levers and cables missing.

Is the kick start lever aluminium or steel? I was hoping it would be an easy fix

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
the kickstart lever is steel. Honda cables will be expensive but you may find replica ones do a global ebay search, you can make cables as inners and outers are available-look on Brit bike sites
this taillight would do the job https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Hon...=item4d87f72473:g:ugIAAOSwZbVcLa5S:rk:13:pf:0
D&K (twowheelspares) are in Stoke area my CT90 came from them. They list some earlier taillight units 69 &70 perhaps not identical but similar the taillight is an ordinary Honda unit of which replicas are available.
Is your restoration to use or display ie find bits that are similar and can be made to fit or all original rebuild?
I got mine to use (eventually!) but it is not on the road (after 4 years) though it has been registered as I had it running & MOTd. I have been distracted by other projects, C200, CB750A & SL350 my current one is a ST90 which is a runner and I am about to get it UK registered.
I had thought about the one your brought if there were no bids as it is reasonably close to me as a special project as some fit the 8 speed engine in the ST90 and the tele forks are possibly better than mine for spares.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I see 'your' CT90 is up for sale again at £995 did you pass on it at £760 ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I passed on it. The advert says its complete but when I looked closer the brake cables and levers are missing as are the tail light/numberplate assembly and trim panel. I should have noticed that the bars were bent to. He offered me 50 off but i think it would be closer to 200 to replace some of the parts and a lot of hassle sourcing them so i left it.

I go to quite a few endurance races and want something i can put in my van then ride around the circuit on to different viewing areas. It needs to be small, road legal and capable off road and the ct90 seems like the best option. I wasn't sure whether to go custom or original with it but from what ive seen with custom cubs you dont really get any money back for them so for an investment it needs to be original

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wasn't the Aussie Postie bike a CT110 - as used by Nathan Milward to overland from Aus to UK and a bit further. All the bits for a restoration would be in Aus but postage would be the killer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts