Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the toolbox lid on my RD03 very rattly so am trying to think of a way of securing it. Don't use it for anything but obviously it needs to be open-able to get to the 2nd bolt holding the side-panel on.

The hinge pins have worn their holes somewhat so whilst the latch holds the top the hinges do have a fair bit of movement. I've noticed various rattles when exploring lanes at slow speed and it'd be nice to try to pin some of them down.

Don't really want to be resorting to gaffer tape, any better ideas?

David

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
push the hinge pins out, measure the holes and put some thicker pins in. if you cant bend the pins over at the ends then a small smear of rapid araldite at one end (obviously not on the bit that moves!) should keep them in place. use drill bits, nails, coathanger wire, split pins, whatever.

if you cant push the pins out you might be able to simply replace the hinges

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
push the hinge pins out, measure the holes and put some thicker pins in. if you cant bend the pins over at the ends then a small smear of rapid araldite at one end (obviously not on the bit that moves!) should keep them in place. use drill bits, nails, coathanger wire, split pins, whatever.

if you cant push the pins out you might be able to simply replace the hinges
I'll pull off the panel and take a look but I think the pins bear into holes, now oversized, in the plastic... might be a good opportunity to patch up the various cracks in that panel at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts