Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i fitted an air deflector to my @ screen today to try to reduce the head buffeting.Comming up behind Lorrys/Vans/Buses my head was wobbling about like a nodding dog in the back of a car at 70 mph and slightly over when overtaking "officer" , Now i can ride with the Visor fully open up to 60 mph with hardly any wind blast in the eyes.Up to around 80 just to see and no head wobbling at all ,It cost me £5 or £6 from the parts van at a motorcycle race meeting,I fitted it with four plastic number plate bolts.Francis:thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
So you have basically made a 'Double Bouble' screen for the @... should get a patent on that asap, and then approach one of the big screen manufactures with the idea... as it obviousley works...

Good bodge there....:thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Put me down for one when in production ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Francis, that looks superb, I'm probably being dim, but what is the thing you bought from the parts van? I want to make one too.
All the best.:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one Francis

Hope you are well

Missed you on this years TLD

See you soon mate :thumbup:

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dogwheel i saw it at the race spare parts van at a motorcycle race meeting,Sidecar racers used them on their fairings for both the rider and passenger ,I just called them an air deflector "someone " will know the proper name.Hi Paul-s i had planned to go down but it ended up being a no go.I will see you at the National even if i have to go on a bus.Francis:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts