Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, as my other thread suggests, I have been looking for a new rear wheel as mines fooked...
What is the requirement for the cush drive on the rear wheel, I think I already know the answer... but was wondering if I could fit a wheel to my '88 TA which does not have a cush drive fitted, but instead has a fixed disk...????

Anybody help me with this....????

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Most rear wheels have cush drive as it allows a slight give when the chain snatches. If it did not then the chain could break.

G

·
The first bike I ever owned with a cush drive was a Honda CB165 SS in 1967. Before that I dont remember bikes having them my James never did. Cant be sure about the road rockets people built in the 60s but they sure were powerfull beasts. DD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The bigger brit bikes had a cush drive in the form of a compensating sprocket on the end of the crankshaft, the little ones had nothing.

As for yours, it will be ok as long as you regulary check the tightness of your bolts, keep your chain properly adjusted and lubed and dont let it lug around in low revs in a high gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts