Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i'd put this on as it don't appear very lively on this page!,
i had play in my cush drive(XL500R),so whilst fitting a new tyre(nearly killed me) i thought i would have a go at taking up the free play,so what i did was- cut several inch and a half piece push bike tube,brushed patch glue over the drive prongs and then stretched the tubing over the prongs,it took up the free play a treat,i was very pleased with myself!,i hope this helps and if not you have read it anyway!, good day to you all:).

·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
just thought i'd put this on as it don't appear very lively on this page!,
i had play in my cush drive(XL500R),so whilst fitting a new tyre(nearly killed me) i thought i would have a go at taking up the free play,so what i did was- cut several inch and a half piece push bike tube,brushed patch glue over the drive prongs and then stretched the tubing over the prongs,it took up the free play a treat,i was very pleased with myself!,i hope this helps and if not you have read it anyway!, good day to you all:).
******* solutions are often the best! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i have spent so much money on the bike over the years i just thought how about not for a change,to be honest i was very surprised how well it worked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep, good stuff Mark, done that on a couple of old bikes and its a good (read: cheap) solution :thumbup:

All the best, Mark - from Mark :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts