Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
looks like a 1988-1989 model

View attachment 125210
i think its an 87/88 by the paint . I read up on it that the earliest ones with the black engine and rear drum were a bit more powerful and lighter than the later models but the output shaft was made of a softer cheese . still I like them all 400's 600's 650's 700's its all good :thumbright:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
not a custom bike but I had to share it as its way too cool . I know that some members used to go on some kind of Stella Alpina runs a few years ago. this looks like great fun the bike can be seen at 58 seconds and the camera mount is a stiker not fully sure what the camera is though great footage though enjoy . I am hoping to sow the seed in your heads if you haven't ever been there to go . if anyone has and could share some info on it be greatly appreciated . I cant go anytime soon but if you can just do it you only live once :thumbright: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqI21ryOl4U

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
i think its an 87/88 by the paint . I read up on it that the earliest ones with the black engine and rear drum were a bit more powerful and lighter than the later models but the output shaft was made of a softer cheese . still I like them all 400's 600's 650's 700's its all good :thumbright:​

I have had two 1989 models (with black engine) and my current 1994 model feels a bit lighter and more nimble (even though it should weigh the same).

But with these old bikes with worn suspension etc, it's hard to make a proper comparison.

I don't think the black engine models were any more powerful, but the black engine seems to age better

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I read it on the internet so it must be true :D I actualy think it was 55 bhp on the black engine then when the silver engine rear disc modle came came along it was down to 50 bhp . given the choice I think I would like an early disc brake model with the more square headlight with earlier body work the earlier paint jobs were the best I think but I would like a rear disc for off road work .

21 - 40 of 137 Posts