Honda XRV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
1.jpg

-----

"This is my 2002 TransAlp in its current form. Built a tank under the seat and got rid of everything I did not like. Extended and re-valved rear shock, exhaust from a CRF, custom crash bars, Hella 90mm H7 headlights and lot of other stuff. Lot less heavy than stock. Still no "690" but a lot of fun to ride!"

2.jpg

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Just done an exchange and now have a 92 TA600 with damaged fairing panels but otherwise OK.
TArickB.jpg

I am thinking about making a semi replica of the naked TA shown here (the 92 of course has a disk rear where the 87 bike below is the drum brake.
https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_xl600v.htm
but can only find the two pictures below, was it ever made, has anybody any other info. what kind of headlight, instruments etc ??
TA proto.jpg

·
Registered
696 Posts
"but can only find the two pictures below, was it ever made, has anybody any other info. what kind of headlight, instruments etc ??"

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thanks I think I will wade through that thread, with the help of Google translator during the wet tomorrow. Looks like they have done what I want to do on my PD6 on their PD10.

I did have a go in about 1995? on a 1988? poor photo poorly scaned! and started with a 1995 one in 2011 ish but only collected the bits the project then stalled.
TA naked.jpg

Must try harder this time, at least the bike is running well it did the Hereford Edge run in June ~300 miles in a day, I was on my 87 TA600.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
TA @ Pill on the Fosse
IMG_0629.JPG
My naked TA having a shake-down run today before the MOT runs out & I take it off the road for tidying and painting.
On Fosse Way at Long Newnton by a pillbox which was part of the WW2 Green defensive line around Bristol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The painting is only matching the current colours of purple & gray, managed to get the correct Honda purple but the gray was not on the suppliers list so we matched it to a Harley colour. The tail panels needed repairing and the headlight only came in bright red, that will be purple also the aluminium radiator side panels, got some red vinyl for the seat that I did not use on another project, so a chance to ruin the sewing machine and will add some more seat padding at the same time.
PS will have to change the stylish front mudguard as it lets the mud off the front wheel hit me at road speed, OK in the dirt not going fast enough but on our currently wet and muddy roads leaves a muddy line from chest across my helmet.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Now painted in standard colouring, not keen on it but its different! ordered a front mudguard never got delivered so got money back & still have the shortie but adjusted the angle & lowered it a bit, may stop the mud covering me.
IMG_0726b.jpg

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Does not appear to, I thought I would try without the brace as others mentioned on this or other sites that it appeared OK without or better than standard as less friction in the forks.
It feels different to my TA87 but this has a lighter front end, progressive fork springs and more offroad tyre and I have been riding the Vara quite a bit as well, so they all feel different. I did a mixture of riding, up the Fosse and up to the limit on normal roads seemed OK.
I have only done about 100 miles before the MOT expired & I SORNed it for the winter as I wanted to paint it & to trim the wiring at the front now a movable headlight is fitted there is not much spare space for the long wiring.
I notice that the Honda naked TA (prototype?) does not have a fork brace fitted in the pictures and many high front mudguard TA customs do not brace the sliders.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts