Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the fuel lines and now when I get to about 180 kms it starts to run badly,like its bogging down,no acceleration.......when I top up with fuel all runs well!

So where is the first place to check?.....my money is on the facett fuel pump or a trapped fuel line.When it first conked out on me I opened the fuel cap to see how much fuel there was and there was no sudden suction sound to indicate a vapour lock as I thought maybe I had trapped a hose when the tank was refitted.

I took it out again today after letting the fuel get low and the same thing happened.Tanked up and all good.So is there a fuse I ,ve burnt out or should the pump be making a noise?....maybe one of the fuel taps are not turned on?,,its an rd04.....

Answers on a postcard.....need to fix it this week as going on holiday next monday.......

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
You should be able to feel some sort of vibration from the facet pump when it's running.

If you were to feed the pump power direct instead of letting the fuel pump relay provide pulsed power, you's know if the pump was working or not. Of course, by disconnecting the fuel outlet pipe and see if fuel is pumped out when the bike is fired up would also tll you that as well (the bike would need to be running for this to happen as the pulses from the stator or something provide the relay with it's enrgising power).

Just my ramblings.

Steve T

:cool:

PS - I'm making the assumption that the RD04 fuel set up is the same as the RD07/RD07A

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So I replaced the fuel lines and now when I get to about 180 kms it starts to run badly,like its bogging down,no monday.......

180 kms per hr or 112 mph !!! Who drives an AT that fast around here?

Slow down dude and I gaurantee your fuel starvation will go away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a quick look today and can,t feel the pump running-but have power to the relay....will remove tank and check fuel flow and order another relay just in case as my indicator relay is kaput too....funny thing is my tank low level lights don,t work and I could not find the relay for them either.....

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Use a spare piece of pipe and connect it to the pump outlet to see if fuel comes out. It is most probably something simple that is being over looked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts