Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the top off my motor last night to change the camchain and generally inspect everything and discovered two small cracks!!
Was wondering if anyone had a head for sale?
Its a 1992 model.
cheers guys.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
i have one off a 1996 SLR engine here, valves are out they will need regrinding in but it is ok apart from that i think, i will check it later just too make sure £25 + post

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i have one off a 1996 SLR engine here, valves are out they will need regrinding in but it is ok apart from that i think, i will check it later just too make sure £25 + post
If backttracker doesn't want that at that price I will.

It's not unusual to see cracks in these heads. Often they don't go far enough to make any difference so a piccy would be good.
If you do have the head off Mervinh I still maybe interested in your old one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cat, will need my valves and stuff of course but your more than welcome to it! It has two cracks between the plug hole and the valves.
Do you think you may be able to salvage it somehow?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Depends how far the cracks go. Won't know till my engine man does a test.

If the cracks go behind the valve seats then it maybe a lost cause.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Sorry mate for not getting back to you sooner, was a bit distracted yesterday. one bike went (my sons bandit) so there was a hole in the shed that needed filling enter a 1980 Z 650 project bike which i have had in storage for a while got it out and brought it home, will look for the headin a minute, I have all the valves, springs etc, will bung em all in
Merv

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Well i finally found it buried under half my TDR project
Bad news i am afraid there are cracks in it and they go behind the valve seats
so i think i would be doing you no favours sending it too youm i think it would be best sent to the dump to be honest. cos it came out of a noisy 70.000 mile bike. and the cam was worn as were the rockers, and some of the faces where the cam runs are pretty scuffed
sorry for getting your hopes up, but i had not really inspected it that closely before
Merv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts