Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whealie, you have a pm re the contents of the title of this thread.

Everyone else - I'll let you all know whats what once the Insurance GURU has spoken :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
With your knee I am guessing not you, so has your son chucked it down the road?

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. . . . . so has your son chucked it down the road?
Correct :(

2002 TDM900 - in pieces in his garage - Front fairing fractured, LH side panel ditto, clutch lever & LH front footrest broken.

Whealie to the rescue :thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after riding the bike for the 1st time since the knee op, I popped through to see the damaged bike this morning. I think he'll be telling the insurers that he/we/me will be repairing the bike. I reckon I can fix most of the plastics, of a fashion that we allow him to ride the machine and look for 2nd hand panels in slow time. He'll need a clutch lever, lh footpeg and handlebars to get him back on the road, along with the bodged plastics, which should all cost less than his excess.

Steve T

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Surprised the roads up your way is clear enough to be out on two wheels.... Hope your son is good after the spill.

Knee op has not slowed you down. ?

sent from my rotary phone ....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
As long as the boy is ok ,

thats the main thing...

the rest can & willbe fixed if I know you Steve:thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Robert, the main roads are all black - it's the back roads that are a bit dodgy. Youngest son was right over near the verge on a main road, avoiding an oncoming lorry when he encountered the ice. He's fine apart from a sore shoulder - shock transfer - he put his hand down as he came off.

Brought the top fairing, LH side panel & headlight home with me yesterday (I took the car through - sheet ice and snow on the back road into the little village of Fyvie), and today I have secured all the broken bits back together on said panels, using superglue, metal "splints" and screws. Once I've finished this visit to the tinternet I'm fibreglassing over the secured areas to fully bond all the bits together.

Tomorrow I'll have a crack at knocking up some mounting brackets for the headlight assembly, secure them in place, and then is just a quick rub down and spray job before they head back to Fyvie for fitting.

Broken metal bits have had replacements ordered, so before weekend after next it should be back on the road :thumbup:. It won't be pretty, but it'll be straight and functional :D

Steve T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts