Honda XRV Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Update.... to do the run last year, the tent I bought brand spanking new, off the trading paradise commonly known as Ebay. Sadly I couldn't do the run. Anyway later in the year my son went to the Summer Jam reggae festival and took the tent, for its maiden voyage. I've just checked it... Of the 3 sets of poles only 2 sets are broken, although still workable. On the plus side he gave me a camping chair as compensation. I have the worlds biggest sleeping bag and the most comfortable sleeping mat on the planet (The more I say it the more I believe it!). Counting down.......6 sleeps :p
Mmmm, what is about Son's?? I allowed my lad to take my Khyam Highlander on a scout camp, unfortunately, it came back stinking of vomit. Son was made to wipe it up and the tent was then left airing for 2 weeks.... He thought he was taking my Biker to a cadet camp 2 weeks ago and was rapidly convinced that this was not happening, so i had to pick up a Tesco 25quid cheapie for him to get SWMBO off my back . Turns out to be a pretty decent little tent, sleeps 2 easily with a proper inner and outer and decent poles!

Hope to see the most comfortable sleep mat on the planet soon, if it isnt at least 6" deep though, it ain't comfy enough...! :) Camp chairs are good. So much more civilised to sit on a proper seat watching the sun go down, sipping a continental beer!

For tent spares here is pretty good I found, quick and competitive. Send the bill to your Son.....

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm borrowing my stepson's and if the weather has dried up by tomorrow am giving it a test erection in the garden. Not sure if there will be vomit but he bought it last year for a week's holiday in Newquay so god knows what might be in there :p

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I'm borrowing my stepson's and if the weather has dried up by tomorrow am giving it a test erection in the garden. Not sure if there will be vomit but he bought it last year for a week's holiday in Newquay so god knows what might be in there :p
Cracking forecast for this neck of the woods means I will be putting my tent up for the day, then catching up with farm spraying jobs and the like and will then see if i can slip out for a test run on my knee late afternoon ;)

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
Just had a 200km test run on the Pan. Everything seems OK. Camping kit...check. Bike in order....check. Pack personal kit next.

The weather forecast (which changes everyday) for next weekend....

Friday Hi 11 Lo 6, some rain & drizzle
Saturday Hi 11 Lo 7, some rain
Sunday Hi 18 Lo 8, dry & warmer.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nick

Can you PM me your mobile number please. As I will be coming on my own from Rotterdam I had better have a contact to let you know if I get into trouble or lost on Friday

Thanks. John

·
Registered
527 Posts
Cracking forecast for this neck of the woods means I will be putting my tent up for the day,
well I got sonny's out and what did I find? some stinking wet sock left in their from his week at Newquay last year which had grown it's own yellow mold :( anyway left it up in the garden all day to dry out and gave it a good wipe over

at least his tent design means I can put the outer cover up first then attach the inner from the inside so if it's raining I should be able to keep things dry

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
the things that lurk in tents, we could have a new thread to see the best or worse

found a fag packet once along with ciggies that had started to return to nature

John I've PM'd you my number

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
GOG and Sprinty made it to mine last night and helped in emptying the bar.
Think my curry may have been too hot but we'll have to see later, got the "wetones" in the fridge. Still got some admin to do, ie pack,

see you all tomorrow, Ride Safe

weather update, bring your thermals this one will be cold and wet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks again Nick for all the planning, Saturday ride was brilliant, campsites were great, weather - well 2 out of 3 aint bad. Sorry to have wimped out of the last night camping, had to make do with a nice warm hotel in Eindhoven. Ride back to Blighty was very sunny and pleasant on the Monday.

Andy.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts