Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some dick in an Audi reg No: KP57BMV decided that the 75mph in the outside lane of the A34 following the same speed traffic in front of me in the rain wasn't fast enough for him. He was right up my arse, then undertook me with literally a foot to spare, pulled in front and then slammed his brakes on. I've never wanted to beat someone to death as much as I wanted to beat him. Just as well he didn't turn off where I did otherwise I couldn't answer for my actions! Keep your eyes out for this Muppet!!!!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
On our way back from the Pyrenees trip me and Stan were heading up the A34 nearing Oxford. We were in the inside lane and one muppet tried to overtake a car in the outside lane between the car and the armco barrier (only 2 lanes!) causing the car being overtaken to swerve into the inside lane nearly taking out Stan

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul,

Glad you guys are okay. This happened North bound just before the Chilton turn off (where I turn off). This is the one before the Milton Interchange exit with the Maccy D's and the Power Station on your right.

This guy couldn't go anywhere as the traffic was pretty heavy. I left a decent gap from the car in front due to the rain, but couldn't believe how he was driving.

Glad your all okay mate.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Some dick in an Audi reg No: KP57BMV decided that the 75mph in the outside lane of the A34 following the same speed traffic in front of me in the rain wasn't fast enough for him. He was right up my arse, then undertook me with literally a foot to spare, pulled in front and then slammed his brakes on. I've never wanted to beat someone to death as much as I wanted to beat him. Just as well he didn't turn off where I did otherwise I couldn't answer for my actions! Keep your eyes out for this Muppet!!!!
Report it to the Police.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Last year i got within 10 miles from home on the way back from the NW200 and i had some woman in a pale blue Audi A4 estate tailgating me. She was less than 3ft behind the bike, father got her number but the police weren't interested. If i sped up she sped up, i pulled in to let pass she pulled in behind i blipped it up to just over a ton in the left lane she did the same. I'm now waiting for Handykam to finalise the deals for there 4 way 1080p digital recording camera's then i 'm getting a set put on the bike, front and rear facing as they record both at the same time. At least then, if it happens again i can drop it to disc and give the police a copy and give them proof

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Surely it can't be too difficult to find out the owner of the car! Pop round to his house one night and explain your frustration at his driving!!!!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Last year i got within 10 miles from home on the way back from the NW200 and i had some woman in a pale blue Audi A4 estate tailgating me. She was less than 3ft behind the bike, father got her number but the police weren't interested. If i sped up she sped up, i pulled in to let pass she pulled in behind i blipped it up to just over a ton in the left lane she did the same. I'm now waiting for Handykam to finalise the deals for there 4 way 1080p digital recording camera's then i 'm getting a set put on the bike, front and rear facing as they record both at the same time. At least then, if it happens again i can drop it to disc and give the police a copy and give them proof
I've often thought of doing this on my bike, a camera setup forward and rear facing that records to a HD all the time. One of the main reasons is because of the horror stories you hear and read where a car has ran a bike off the road and not bothered to stop. It's not for the police (unless I'm dead) but so I can go round and explain to them the error of their ways :thumbup:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Not reporting stuff like this to the Police "because they are not interested and won't do anything"
In my case it did get reported to the police but they wouldn't do anything as it was here say, they had no evidence which is why i'm waiting for this quad cam recording kit from Handykam. Then there will be proof

The road hawk kit listed above seems expensive for 1 camera. HandyKam are awaiting a kit, it should have been here soon but they are negotiating prices at the moment and have had a few issues. There kit contains a hub which records from a 32g sd card and you can attach 4 camera's of your choice (night vision, standard, telephoto etc) to the hub and it will record all 4 at the same time then you use the software to edit it. Last i heard the camera's are all Sony chipset and the hub was going to be around £130 including 1 camera and each additional camera was to be around £30 (all 1080p)

COPY OF THE LAST E-MAIL I HAD FROM HANDYCAM

Hi Jason,

Great to hear from you, we've been working to get these sorted and have had a few technical issues with them. However we are currently working on this and hope to have it resolved shortly, we are also looking at trying to get them at a very good price and in turn can pass this saving on to yourself aswell.

Once we've got these issues sorted then we'll be in touch.

Kind Regards,
-------------------------------
Elliott Jolly
[email protected]
www.handykam.com
01209 313579
-------------------------------
Please note: We have moved and our new phone number is: 01209 313579

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 March 2013 21:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: : 12v bike recording kit

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.handykam.com/ from:
jason charleston <[email protected]>

Came up and saw you a few months back with the wife and you said you were expecting a 12v digital camera kit that would take upto 4 camera's that i could use on my motor bike.

I was just wondering if they have come in or if you have an expected delivery date.

thanks

Jason

COPY OF THE LAST E-MAIL I HAD FROM HANDYCAM

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've often thought about cameras on the bike/helmet for this exact thing but there's something that makes me uneasy at the thought of even more cameras in the world watching our every move.

Not a conspiracy theorist or sat behind my desk with a tin foil hat to protect myself from the mind probe but do think our everyday civil liberties are being eroded in the name of safety/security far too easily.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I've often thought about cameras on the bike/helmet for this exact thing but there's something that makes me uneasy at the thought of even more cameras in the world watching our every move.

Not a conspiracy theorist or sat behind my desk with a tin foil hat to protect myself from the mind probe but do think our everyday civil liberties are being eroded in the name of safety/security far too easily.
I agree with that to a degree the civil liberties issue is a bit like the human rights act, as far as nobody worries about it until they've done something wrong and then when it suits them they use it as best they can to stop themselves getting deported or imprisoned or charged with anything. This country has accepted it has the highest amout of camea's looking at them at any one time in europe but noboby worries about

Using a camera on my bike i find good for youtube clips and generally pi*sing about on it as far as safety goes it won't make any road or idiot behind the wheel of a euro-box any safer on the road but at least when they scat me off the bike by playing with the kids in the backseat or using a phone there should be some evidence for my insurance compony to deal with and possibly a prosecution

·
Registered
752 Posts
I actually do worry about it even though I've done nothing wrong and don't just accept the amount of cameras we have, nor the amount of information collected, stored and used without our express consent for reasons of 'security/safety' but that's a completely different issue and one that may get the men in white coats out for me if I start explaining...

The most obvious problem I've always seen with the amount of cameras is it actively reduces the police presence required as they believe they can police remotely which as we know is just not the case.

It's all well and good having a video proving why I was knocked off but I'd much rather I carried on riding that day because a Police car actually stopped the idiot beforehand!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I actually do worry about it even though I've done nothing wrong and don't just accept the amount of cameras we have, nor the amount of information collected, stored and used without our express consent for reasons of 'security/safety' but that's a completely different issue and one that may get the men in white coats out for me if I start explaining...

The most obvious problem I've always seen with the amount of cameras is it actively reduces the police presence required as they believe they can police remotely which as we know is just not the case.

It's all well and good having a video proving why I was knocked off but I'd much rather I carried on riding that day because a Police car actually stopped the idiot beforehand!
I agree to that there should be less camera's and more police on the street but sentences handed out don't stop things happening. How many thousands of people out there are driving while disqualified, hundreds. So they've already be stopped caught and sentenced and it made no difference to there actions. So from that point of view the idiots have already been caught beforehand but they've carried on regardless and there's nothing a street bobbie could do to predict that once they've left court after the idiot was sentenced or charged

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have the Roadhawks front and rear on the bike, filming all the time the ignition is on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts