Discussion Starter #1

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
Well the cafe manager at a well known local to me supermarket turned up for work drunk yesterday, got the sack, sent home and nicked for drinking and driving on the way home ,

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
why do people think it is ok to drink & drive and courts to give out £85 fine :angry7: Confiscate their car and fine them 10% of their salary for the length of time they are band from driving.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I've always said if you lose your licence it should be gone, only after the time sentenced can you reapply to sit compulsory lessons and new test.

Do remember my Mother-in-law reading the local paper about a man being arrested after crashing his pushbike into a police car whilst pissed. She could not believe how stupid someone could be, she wasn't laughing when she saw it was her pushbike and her son.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
In France, if you're caught at more than 40km/h over the limit your licence is removed on the spot and unless you've someone to hand to drive your car home you have to walk.
If you were spotted with twice the legal alcohol limit, your licence is simply cancelled. You can be banned from retaking the test.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I knew someone in my home town who took 7 attempts to pass his test, had his licence 10 days and lost it for drink driving. Banned for 18 months.

Got his licence back, 7 days later caught drink driving

Worse still his father was a Police Officer!

What I don't understand, even if you are so arrogant and have no thought of the injury you may cause to others, surely with that level of selfishness you would think of the damage you could do to yourself?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
from the suv article:

"Investigators believe both speed and alcohol are factors in this crash"

no shit Sherlock!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Lucky those investigators are there or we may never have known! You just can't train those investigative skills
u either got it or you don't got it:D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
pretty much all the lads I knew personaly who died in bike smashes were drunk and a few more around hear that I heard of god rest them and god ease their broken hearted parents and wifes pain . when I was growing hear in rural Ireland getting on a bike or driving a car with drink in you was as normal as drawing your breath . I came unstuck a few times myself when I was young broke my arm once trashed my bike another time . I don't touch a drop now thank god and saint antony and all the saints :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
pretty much all the lads I knew personaly who died in bike smashes were drunk and a few more around hear that I heard of god rest them and god ease their broken hearted parents and wifes pain . when I was growing hear in rural Ireland getting on a bike or driving a car with drink in you was as normal as drawing your breath . I came unstuck a few times myself when I was young broke my arm once trashed my bike another time . I don't touch a drop now thank god and saint antony and all the saints :D
same back home in Italy.....:-( guess we were the lucky ones.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts