Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I wanted to change the dashboard lighting of my AT, so I bought some color leds (T5 for the tripmaster and T10 for the rest). In the beginning I bought Blue leds but I wasn't happy with the result, so I bought Green and White (6000k color) leds to try. If you check at the pictures you will see that with the color leds (Green and Blue) it looks like "washed out". The red prints at the instruments is disappeared.

The Blue:

The green:

And the White:

Well, I didn't receive the T5 white led for the trip master but the green looks very nice.

I think that the white one looks more natural and I like it more that the others. I left the green led at the trip master cause, as I said above, it looks very good. You can't see it at the picture but it is very nice.
I'll try the white one off corse when I receive it and I'll compare it.

Bellow are the type of less that I used. They are SMD type LEDS, cause they are more bright and they have wide angle, which is very important at the trip master.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think red wil have similar result with the green and the blue. Plus red leds are naturally not so bright as the whites blues and greens.
But of course this is subjective and maybe you will like it:).

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks god mate - I like the white ones too

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
I went with white eventually, most neutral etc, and they're certainly bright enough. Only replaced the one that was broken as my second led was DOA (cheap chinese crap) and the difference with the stock filament bulbs was rather large:

Still have to do the other one, but this fairing is a real pain in the @rse to work in so I can't be bothered yet. ;-)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks for the post and pictures.

I would also like to do mine, as I think the stock lighting is crap, its far to dull. I like the white and green... I take it they are a direct replacement, just fit and forget? Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the post and pictures.

I would also like to do mine, as I think the stock lighting is crap, its far to dull. I like the white and green... I take it they are a direct replacement, just fit and forget? Where did you get them from?

I took them from ebay

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did mine thanks to this thread and very pleased with the result. I used white ones from ebay which are cheap. The trip though is not that bright as I could only find one bulb for it but the dials are much much clearer which I can see the needle and speed indicators perfectly :thumbleft:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I fitted led's to my Tiger idiot lights (T5's) as they are hard to see in the daytime,one thing to remember they have to be the right way round or they don't work,just a matter of taking them out and turning them 180 deg and putting back in or at least that was what I had to do on a couple on the Triumph.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Correct!
The replacement leds for cars and bikes are polarity sensitive and you have to try both ways if they did not work at the first time.
Hopefully the leds cannot be 'fried' at wrong polarity. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
It didn't fry mine when I put them the wrong way round they just didn't light up.

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
No they dont fry when incorrectly fitted, they just dont work, swap em round and all wil be well.

I found that when I did this years ago on my bike it was better to get LEDs with a matt or satin style 'bulb' as they diffuse the light more and on the main clocks without this matt surface they can throw harsh shadows inside the clocks and leave dark areas around the dials - just something to watch out for...............

Reactions: Jammytask
1 - 14 of 14 Posts