Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had much experience with Datatool alarms? Specifically the System 3. I've not heard good things about Datatool alarms but tbh mine seems to be working fine, and its declared on my insurance so I do want to use it.
My problem is that my bike's previous owner selfishly left no note of the alarm PIN (the one that can be used if the key fob transmitter runs out of battery or fails) so I need to reset the PIN.
I contacted Datatool to get the instructions on how to do this, they happily gave me them but also warned me that any work I do on the alarm is totally at my own risk and can be risky!? Sounds ominous...
Can anyone tell me what the likely risks of getting in amongst the system are, or are they just trying to scare me into upgrading to a new system?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a system 3. I doubt you will ever use the pin. But you can change it to what ever you fancy. If it dies you can bypass it with some cabling in your garage.

Motorcycle alarms aren't great generally speaking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up following the instructions to program in a new PIN and it worked so the previous owner(s) had never set one.
I know I'll probably never use it but my OCD wouldn't let me drive it around without knowing the PIN

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts