Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I fitted a Wiseco hi-comp piston to my Dommie, and I'm considering exhaust options (XR headers, 2 into one, different silencers), I wondered about jetting, and also about 'Dave's mod' which I've seen mentioned a few times here but searches yield nothing.

So, can anyone point me to 'Dave's mod'?

And, any advice on jetting a Dommie - has anyone done that after changing exhaust? Any fave combos? I understand the OEM main is 145?

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here's a link to the PDF of Daves_Mods

I've got a full supertrap exhaust, 175 main jet and a pod filter inside the airbox but with the side panel removed, no other mods to the carb that runs great.

Personally I'd try the re-jetting before drilling any holes in the carb.

Good luck with it.

Ian

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I couldnt get my carb spot on when I did my Dommie carb.:(:(:(
I switched jets and needle position and it either ran way too lean or too rich...
If I left it too rich it would soot up the plugs after a 20 mile ride.
I gave up and got a flatside which is in the process of getting sorted.;););)

10251992_828131433873661_4466234046463336245_n.jpg

I fitted these to a Y section from a CRF 450R and bodged it up to a XL600 2 into 1..
Sounds awsome but way too rich with the Dommie carb on.
It was a job and a half finding a carb boot to fit as its much shorter and ended up getting one form a later model Dommie 27bhp restricted boot and modifying it with a file and sandpaper which makes hell of a mess as its hardened rubber inside the boot
Looking forward to seeing how it behaves with the flatside fitted.

13643962_1439761572706522_1727070877_n.jpg
I decided to go with a velocity stack/ bell mouth (bought in USA)because when you fit the flatside ,the top mount of the shock absorber gets in the way of an air filter as there is not much room in there...:mad::mad::mad:
I would be interested to hear what Dave suggests about the standard carb set up.:thumbup:
Its a huge headache to fit a flatside but I hear its worth the hassle when its up and running.:cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Interesting mod for sure, I guess something to try with a spare slide so it's reversible. I'll see how it runs with the high compression piston and go from there :bom:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ive done daves mod on a few dommies. Works well but you generally need to remove the snorkel and have free flowing set up. Drilling the slide is just the samr as fitting a lighter spring like in thr dynojet kit.

Xr650l dynojet kit works in the nx650 too. Same carb.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts