Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Had a lovely day out with my mate on Sturday, on Friday evening we had some amazing storms with rain that even Noha would of been scared of several local villages were cut of as all the stream broke their banks.

So we set out a 9am a lot of the goning was very wet with the streams quite swollen, we wanted to go exploring so ne areas and had covered around 40 -50 miles off road and started following a trak in a nice looking valley, the sides of the valley were getting steeper and steeper but we could se a red gate to keep us going in the right direction, it must of been the kiss of death when I said to my mate I hope that gate isn't just leaning against the pig wire fence as I don't think we can turn round on this bank, guess what !! There wasn't much opition so I turned up hill and hoped the XR grunt wouldn't let me down, and it didn't as I came over the top of the hill around 100' from where we were a sigh of relief only to think were is my mate, he had spun out and ended in the fence and on the wrong side of the bike, all I could see was the top of his helmet above the seat, it didn't look like he was going to sort it out him self so OH F**k looks like I'm going to have to walk or slide my way back to give him a hand, it was harder walking than riding by a long way, any how sorted him out and stared my way back to my bike pulling my self up the hill holding onto the fence to say I was rather tired would be a under statement, I could of powered a wind farm all on my own, all in all we did around 110 mile and riding for 6-7 hours great day out.

THis pics from another day out.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice pics and report

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was more south mid Wales than mid Wales, my mate owns all the ground and to be honest would kill me if I said exactly where it is, not so much of no rain it was just getting the camera out when it wasn't raining that's why there is only a couple of pics, where about in mid Wales are you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm up in Machynlleth, no worries about your riding location, I was just trying to place the views, great countryside round mid Wales. ideally designed for men on motorcycles:thumbup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

I ride a lot around your area some cracking places to go I was in Mach the weekend of the big floods, I'm from Caersws we had a hell of a time getting over to Mach only to find out the top of town chip shop had not power, what you riding?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, think I'm going to sell the bikes and buy another boat in case of emergencys!!?, damn near flooded again!. I've got several bikes, (have'nt we all)?, I'm useing an oldish (93) DR650 on the road at the moment, and just rebuilding a Honda XR500 1983 which is not far off now. Just passed through Caersws an hour ago, went to buy an XR250 for a friend over in Sarn, bit of a challenge but it will give him something to do!, small world eh?. Roll on winter, it should be better weather:toothy10:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It woul of looked even better there are 5 of us with XR's but as always only two of us go out the othere three are shed off roaders.

My old 600 had over 10,000 hours on it when I sold it the valves were adjusted more of a case of doing it for doing it's sake they weren't really that far out, changed the oil every 400 miles oil and filter every other the only thigs replaced a couple of wheel bearings and clutch plates, I love XR's I don't think I could of said that about a KTM shame I love the look of KTM's

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Mind dont knock the RFS Exc 400 until you have tried one... fabulous bike, but the XR is still the tractor to have:thumbup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes did look at a 450 RFS, I love the look of KTM just heard a lot of horror stories with them, the new ones seem worse still talked to my local KTM dealer's mechanic asked him which KTM he was riding his reply " Yamaha WR250 " would like to have a KTM 300 but I could get 3 XR 400's for the same price, one day I will take the plundge

Wish Honda would make a XR 400 style bike with modern suspension, I think 90% of us can't really ride the flat out comp bike to it's 100% so reliability all the way for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts