Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i was going to buy a Leo vince de cat pipe, but after thinking about it why not just remove the cat/ collector box and weld a piece of pipe in.
I was going to keep the stock silencer and add a O2 sensor eliminator? Has anybody tried this ? If so dose it improve performance and sound.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Bamf,

Sorry I can't help but interested in doing this to my TA700 so I'm gonna lurke.

Hope you get some good responses :D

Paul

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I chopped the cat off the stock system on my 650 Tranny many many moons ago, although in that case it's not a true cat.
Search, there are pics of the job on here somewhere, the principle should be pretty much the same on the 700 - or just buy the decat pipe ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did by the de-cat pipe and a Leo-Vince end can a Power Commander V. I put the bike on a dynojet and it works really god.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information,decided to go for the Leo VInce de cat pipe seems a lot less hassle than cutting etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Gents,

Question: If I were to go for the link pipe alone would I need to go down the power commander and rolling road route, would the ECU not cope with the change?

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
You dont have to go for PC and Rolling Road IF you only do the de-cat pipe. I forgot to tell that I also changed to K&N air filter and then you have to use a PC and Rolling road.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Nysse,

I just want to decat to get rid of the cat that is in the way, looks horrible and probably weighs a ton. quite fancy a bit more noise but not that unhappy with how she sounds plus any weight loss - (me or the bike;)) would be good.

Cheers,

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts