Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  squirrelciv 
G
#1 ·
Left work this afternoon as usual. Bike started first push of the button, pulled of and travelled 200yrds when the old girl stalled at a roundabout then.......
.......nothing! Bugger all, nowt, zilch, nothing. No power, no lights, no starter, nothing.
Pushed back to the yard, and whipped off the side cover to check main fuse only to find everything OK, so decided to call out the AA. The man arrives and puts a meter over the battery as I laugh saying "Won't be that mate, when I pulled off I had enough juice to spin the motor no probs" Meter showed under 2v coming out the battery:confused: :confused: :confused: (some ketchup with my humble pie please waiter)
Bike would start off a jump lead and run once the leads were removed, and shows 13v across the battery, but switch off and the voltage plummets instantly to less than 2v.
So it would appear that my battery has gone open circuit straight after pulling off from work:confused: so it's off to Thunder road motorcycles in the morning to part with £40:(
Before I do, anyone else got any other ideas?? Alternators producing juice alright and the regulators seems to be keeping it steady (as far as I can tell with a duff battery still in the circuit) so I can only conclude a knackered battery. It is the original item of about 12 years of age.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ofcourse I'm kidding. ;-)

A couple of months ago I had some wiring problem acting up, resulting in the starter relay mostly not working. And my dommie doesn't have a kickstarter...

So there I was, in the rain, on the wet cobblestones of Dam Square. Chances of getting a big single bumpstarted? Absolutely effing zero.

It finally started though, lucky me. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.