Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,
I'm new to this forum and wonder if anyone can help me with this.
Went to start the bike yesterday, so I turn the key, it goes through it's self test thing, then I hear a quiet electrical sort of thud, then nothing. No display, nothing.
I've tried disconnecting the battery then reconnecting. Checked main fuse and all the others in the box.
I have heated grips and a 12v connector for satnav permanently wired in, fuses on those both fine.
Any advise would be great.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Have you checked if the battery is fullly charged? Have got a hard copy service manual or downloaded the pdf version for your bike?

Also what model Translap and year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XL700va-a

Haven't checked battery with the meter yet, but charger went off immediately, and everything appeared okay before it all went dead, just didn't seem like a battery problem.

I have a Haynes manual, but it's not very helpful when the whole thing is dead.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check battery, battery, battery first. Try to get volt reading when trying to crank. Have you tried to switch on hazards? Do they work?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just reread your post... you have a satnav charger permanently connected... even if satnav is not connected, it drains battery! How do i know?... mine drained battery after four days not using bike! Insert an automotive connecter between the battery and the charger and try to make it accesible so that you ll disconnect it every night

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keep it simple, suspect battery first. Have you got full battery voltage at starter motor? Failing that most likely to be something not factory fitted, ie sat nav, grip heaters etc

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts