Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking for a few suggestions before I make a start.

2008 Varadero 20,000 owned from new. Went to it today after standing for a couple of months, been on the optimate on and off for a few weeks, but always get the yellow 'fault' light at the end of the cycle. Turned the key, the fi primed as usual, but when pressing the start button I just got a very fast clicking, I checked the battery connectors and were OK. I'm not very electrically minded, so will take it to a mate who is, but just wondered if anyone had similar experience or any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Richard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Start with the easiest thing first and check the battery voltage. If below 12.3v then charge it with a trickle charger until 12.6volts. If that doesn't work, then get the battery load checked as stated above.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New battery (motobatt) fitted today and so far all seems ok. The guy in the shop reckons 2 to 3 years out of a decent (yuassa) is about average. One tip, don't fit a new battery without wearing your specs as I found out....the battery was set up the wrong way round and I was connecting +ve lead to -ve terminals and blowing the main fuse, did it twice and then put my specs on:color:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts