Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps,
I've just fitted an o2 sensor eliminator, and I have to say the bike really has responded well to it, the fuelling is unbelievably smooth. I was also after a louder soundtrack ( not offensive, just nice & deep ), and was going to fit a decat pipe, leaving the standard silencer. I don't think any aftermarket cans are much louder, due to the original header doing most of the silencing. I really dont want to spoil the fuelling as I'm so pleased with it. Anyone give me the heads up.

Cheers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You shouldn't really fit an O2 sensor eliminator without first removing the cat, as part of the sensor's purpose is to prevent damage to the cat due to rich running. That aside, you are right - much of the 'silencing' on a 700 is provided by the cat itself. If you fit a decat pipe and an aftermarket can you will find the bike pretty loud. I found it annoyingly (and probably offensively) loud. For me the the optimum setup was decat pipe, O2 sensor and standard can.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you meant o2 sensor eliminator with the decat pipe. How does the bike run with this set up ? Since fitting the eliminator my bike feels like I've gained 200cc, not in an outright power sense but low down torque is so much nicer, it pulls cleanly from as low as 2000rpm, and will cruise along at low revs without lurching, its night and day difference. Ideally I want to keep it that way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've gone down the route of fitting an O2 sensor eliminator plus removing the cat and leaving on the original silencer. I reckon the low down pick up is a lot smoother plus the sound is nice and throaty without being obtrusive. Just by taking off the cat you are saving a huge amount of weight. My bikes a 2008 700cc.

Nick.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've gone down the route of fitting an O2 sensor eliminator plus removing the cat and leaving on the original silencer. I reckon the low down pick up is a lot smoother plus the sound is nice and throaty without being obtrusive. Just by taking off the cat you are saving a huge amount of weight. My bikes a 2008 700cc.

Nick.
Thanks Nick. Mines also a 2008. Think I'm sold on this :thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decat pipe fitted, along with o2 sensor eliminator & standard can. Bike sounds loads better and runs sweet. Anyone thinking of an end can for sound reasons, don't bother, get the decat. Cheaper to, whats not to like :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts