Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Homebase and these were on special, its a strong complete kit and under £16, cant be bad!

I dont work for them, but thought it would be good to share

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was in Homebase and these were on special, its a strong complete kit and under £16, cant be bad!

Would'nt think it was a serious lock but looks OK for the money and will have its uses.
(I see you've got that women doing her thing!)

Chris

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes she's doin her thing :thumbright:

Its quite substantial, idea for a shed or garage/workshop I;ll fit it in the workshop, if someone manages to break in to that then another lock on the bike will delay them....you never know!

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far I've tried a tea leaf and a tea bag and the lock is still ok

Dont knock it till you see it, anyway read what i said

Its quite substantial, idea for a shed or garage/workshop I;ll fit it in the workshop, if someone manages to break in to that then another lock on the bike will delay them

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thread not exclusively related to the Transalp, so moved here instead.
We should have an Avatars forum and it could go there instead - I'm struggling to read the content with all those weapons of mass distraction

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I saw this lock in my local Homebase a while ago but I did not think it was suitable for my pride and joy.
I would rather pay extra and get a proper chain and lock.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Dont knock it till you see it, anyway read what i said

Its quite substantial, idea for a shed or garage/workshop I;ll fit it in the workshop, if someone manages to break in to that then another lock on the bike will delay them
Well, the thread was titled "Decent lock for bike" and this isn't. That's what I was basing my response on. Sure, it's better than nothing - but a small hand cropper (hand operated - not something for cropping hands) will be through that chain in a few seconds.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, the thread was titled "Decent lock for bike" and this isn't. That's what I was basing my response on. Sure, it's better than nothing - but a small hand cropper (hand operated - not something for cropping hands) will be through that chain in a few seconds.
Mmmm now there's an idea. A tool to suitable repremand those theiving little bas***ds with .... A Hand Cropper :toothy8::blob6:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Mmmm now there's an idea. A tool to suitable repremand those theiving little bas***ds with .... A Hand Cropper :toothy8::blob6:
got one, its called "the sudan"

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts

Well thanks for bothering to put up a link anyway, 'you pays your money, you makes your choice' skuffers will take what they want given the chance, but anything might detour the chancer.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
my youngest had his moped knicked by scum using bolt croppers 3 marks on the cheap padlock (hardened steel) but not cut. 1 cut on the "propper" motor bike chain an there it was gone. being an engineer i reckon they used 3ft bolt croppers thakfully the wife did not hear them otherwise she may have been wearing the croppers!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts