Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just a couple of pics of my recently aquired Alp. Very underestimated bike and i LOVE IT !! :cool:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice pictures , see you have a fuel exhaust also.

have fun :thumbright:
Yes and i blame you for that ha ha, cause i watched your vid on utube! It was then i decided to get one. :thumb:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Nice clean bit of kit del, good job you have gone the givi route for the panniers,honda ones would not fit with the fuel can.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice clean bit of kit del, good job you have gone the givi route for the panniers,honda ones would not fit with the fuel can.
Thanks for that, i didnt know that, cause im a greenhorn when it comes to Transalps. Im sure i will gain a lot of info from all you guys on this forum. I ordered the rack yesterday and i am currently watching a new pair of E41 keyless panniers on evilbay, so heres hoping :thumb:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, I am sorry ..

But are you pleased with it ?? .

I think they are nice looking and sounding .. :thumb:
I think it looks brilliant TBH, but i would say that wouldnt i ? ha ha Havent bothered taking out the baffle, im not after noise on this bike i leave that for my VFR Vtec 09.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
I think it looks brilliant TBH, but i would say that wouldnt i ? ha ha Havent bothered taking out the baffle, im not after noise on this bike i leave that for my VFR Vtec 09.
Yes , I think it looks brill also. I have left my baffle in also..

One point, have a look at the Nut that holds in the baffle. I changed mine to a stainless steel Nut as the supplied Nut had started to rust a bit.. and rust stain was discolouring the baffle outlet.

Easy swop over for a stainless nut.and dab of threadlock to stop the nut coming loose. Not a big deal at all, the supplied nut looked a bit old , so maybe they run out of NUTS that day, as all the rest of the fixings are stainless.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes , I think it looks brill also. I have left my baffle in also..

One point, have a look at the Nut that holds in the baffle. I changed mine to a stainless steel Nut as the supplied Nut had started to rust a bit.. and rust stain was discolouring the baffle outlet.

Easy swop over for a stainless nut.. Not a big deal at all, the supplied nut looked a bit old , so maybe they run out of NUTS that day, as all the rest of the fixings are stainless.
Thanks for that, but i did it a few weeks back. Its odd why they would use a funny mild steel nut when everything else is stainless. I was a bit dissapointed at that but overall im very happy with it. Especially because i got it in their sale! :thumb:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Thanks for that, but i did it a few weeks back. Its odd why they would use a funny mild steel nut when everything else is stainless. I was a bit dissapointed at that but overall im very happy with it. Especially because i got it in their sale! :thumb:
Not sure , why they would do that.. maybe something about the heat not sure.. but easy fix ..

I got mine in off there ebay listing .. very cheap compared to others for the TA ..

Springtime in Aberdeen

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just googled Fuel exhausts and it came up with a link to your u-tube vid! I watched that and then went onto their site and ordered one. I was the last day of a sale they were having so i bought it and got a 20% discount, worth having i thought. I think it cost me £120 plus a tenner for post.:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I fitted it to my first Alp that i bought from a guy in Manchester in January. It was a 55 plate 30k bike and it felt really good but it was a bit "hairy" round the edges having been riden all year round. I saw this one on evilbay at Lincolnshire Motorcycles, 5k miles and one owner so i traded in my 55 plate. This is one of the last 650s being registered in Dec 07. Incidentally a nephew of mine has just bought a 57 plate identical to mine with full Honda luggage and 500, yes 500 miles on the clock! He got it for £3800, lucky sod !!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That is a nice looking bike.
Have fun and enjoy.:thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a nice looking bike.
Have fun and enjoy.:thumbup:
Thanks for that. Im avery recent convert to the "adventure" bike scene, but so far with this bike im liking it. The vtec may well be staying in the shed :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes they do. I have both.
Oops, seems to be a small disagreement going on here. I dont know the answer as to whether they would fit or not, but i have gone the Givi route with the racks and i won a new set of E41 keyless panniers on evilbay last night at a reasonable price, so all in all im happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts