1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these?

Derbi - Terra 125

My daughters spotted them and quite likes them,

she had a sit on one last weekend and she looked right at home on it.

I've found a few good reports on the web but nothing that talks about long term reliability, as part of the Piaggio group at least they're not some fly by night Chinese manufacturer.

we had of course though about a Varadero 125 but they're out of her price range at the moment.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There's a guy on the HUBB who has one, and he'd always seemd happy with it.

At the end of the day, will she be clocking up mega-miles, or holding on to it for eons?

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a guy on the HUBB who has one, and he'd always seemd happy with it.

At the end of the day, will she be clocking up mega-miles, or holding on to it for eons?
she does about 2500 miles a year at the moment on her scooter and wont be able to afford to change it for a while

build quality is questionable.
thought so,

I don't think she'll be getting one now we've found a couple of slightly older Vara 125s in her price range so will be looking at those instead

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Nice looking bike, good street cred for some.
Don't get the double overhead cam though! Bit overkill for a 125 single; please don't tell me it's shims as well!
But.... it does look good.
Now my middle age boring practicality, what will parts supply be like, I doubt you'll ever get a manual, never get a centre stand Zzzzzzzzz.
So, do you spend £3K on that to get a brand new bike, or something older that you know? I need to get out more, I worry too much:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
There was a favourable review of the Terra in TBM (Trail Bike Magazine) when it first came out I seem to remember. Might be worth trying to track a back issue down.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My son,s after a 125 also and I like the look of this :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts