Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like this event could do with some publicity to get it off the ground!

Could be a good day out if it comes off.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lifted this from the Facebook page. New to FB myself, so still finding my way around!

TimeSunday, October 3 · 9:30am - 5:30pm
LocationTo be confirmedCreated BySandra Vaughan
More InfoAll info to be confirmed but the start will be in Chesterfield.

Each rider, pillion or both pay a registration fee of £5.00 this allows you on the day to receive a map and registration Card to play the poker game.

The aim is to collect a card from the 5 organised points of interest in Derbyshire in which ever order you decide, to create your poker hand. (a chance to buy a 6th card ...to improve your hand will be available at the finish)

This is the best excuse to get your bike out, raise money for a worthy charity, meet new and old friends and have fun.

Prizes will be given at the end for the Best Hand, 2nd Best Hand and Worst Hand.

I think they need to firm their details up soon if they wany people to commit to the event - times a wastin'! Shame cos it sounds like it would be a good laugh if they get enough interest.

Will upate as, when (and if) they put up some more detail. If they don't get it together might just turn into a breakfast at Jelly's and a bimble round the peaks, etc.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks like this event could do with some publicity to get it off the ground!

Could be a good day out if it comes off.
Me and some mates did this some time ago, we started in Leek and the finish was a camp site near Ashbourne. It really was a good day out and the dealers were in pubs and cafe's. There was no set route or time so riders crossed paths from location to location. It's a great concept for a day out, if more info is posted I'm sure I could get some participants.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing definite yet - talk about cutting it fine!

It might be starting and finishing here - Triskelion Motorcycle Training

Received on a message from Triskelion, not updated on Facebook yet though. :confused:

Can't see there being a big turn out if they don't get a move on ....... still planning on going myself .............. if it happens.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing definite yet - talk about cutting it fine!

It might be starting and finishing here - Triskelion Motorcycle Training

Received on a message from Triskelion, not updated on Facebook yet though. :confused:

Can't see there being a big turn out if they don't get a move on ....... still planning on going myself .............. if it happens.
Now definitely starting and finishing at Triskelion Training. See link above for map. Short notice I know, but should be a good laugh - and for a good cause.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
What? When? For what cause?

We need more info!!!

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
<snip>
TimeSunday, October 3 · 9:30am - 5:30pm
LocationTo be confirmedCreated BySandra Vaughan
More InfoAll info to be confirmed but the start will be in Chesterfield.

Each rider, pillion or both pay a registration fee of £5.00 this allows you on the day to receive a map and registration Card to play the poker game.

The aim is to collect a card from the 5 organised points of interest in Derbyshire in which ever order you decide, to create your poker hand. (a chance to buy a 6th card ...to improve your hand will be available at the finish)

This is the best excuse to get your bike out, raise money for a worthy charity, meet new and old friends and have fun.

Prizes will be given at the end for the Best Hand, 2nd Best Hand and Worst Hand.

<snip>
Here's some more .............. from post 3 of this thread. ;)

Facebook link on post 1 :)

How was the XRV ladies meet ........ BIG hangover? :angel4::joker::toothy2:

Edit: National Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Ah sorry, didn't spot the rest of the info. Me jumping off a cliff again, as usual :(.

No hangover, the ladies didn't meet. There wasn't much show of interest, and too much going on in life at the moment for me to organise. Sorry, again :(:(:(. But there's always next year. Met Mrs IanPorter at the weekend, and she's keen to have a girlie meet...

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it was a bit of a wash-out :(.

Only 2 bikers turned up! Being re-scheduled for some time in the spring - so will repost it then.

On the upside - it was a great day to test my Oxford "Bone Dry" one piece waterproof gimp suit. It passed with flying colours - kept me dry and toasty warm. With usual armoured textiles underneath of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts