Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normaly they scrape us up, so wondering if we could scrape a few of us together :D

Sunday July 10th £10 per bike in advance, £12 on the day.
www.daat.org or call 01392 466666.
Meet up from 8:45 for a 10am departure.

3 reg/ start points: Bridge Mcr in Exeter. Bardon Aggregates car park in Plymouth, Zukis Cafe in Winkleigh (yes we have the odd silly name down these parts)

About a 45mile ride ending up at Paignton, where you get a goody bag (wahoo) and then all the usual music, stalls, exhibition etc

Trophies for Best Custom, Classic and overall best in show.

Post if you fancy arranging a meet up with any XRV-ers, and see if the overall best in show cant be something a little muddy:thumbleft:

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
Where are you going from Shack
Merv

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking Exeter, but even if folks want to arrange a meet up and chat in Paignton, it's always good to put a face to a name.

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
Yes i was thiking Winkleigh myself if i am here , maybe drag Ian (Shonasdad ) along
Merv

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Might be able to get along to this. I'd go from Winkleigh - the ride to Paignton should be more interesting from there -(Across the moor?) Will confirm closer to date.

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
Jack
yes the ride usually takes in a indirect route, i did it 2 years ago we left bideford across to Torrington winkliegh morteonhampstead Newton Abbot Totnes then into paignton , And i think the other start points went too okehampton and down through moreton,
Merv

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a plan might be forming, can I tempt anyone towards the East to venture forth and meet up at Bridge (or my place for a free brew before we pop down a couple of jtn's)

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
well just under a week to go now folks , I recced Zukis cafe last week seems like a nice enough place, it is right on the main road through winkleigh
merv

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im up for this although not too sure which location to leave from as i live literally 2 mins away from Bridge Exeter but the Winkleigh route is probably gonna be a more interesting ride....

Decisions
Decisions

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
Right the who is going tomorrow i shall be at Winkleigh on the blue Yamha TDR 250 gotta cause a bit of smoke not ridden a stroker for a couple of weeks now
merv

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
I went and I won a pair of metzler tyres in the draw not bad for a quids worth of tickets, best bike was a 76 honda 400/4 best classic old norton , best custom a lump of pig iron covered in chrome

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done with the tyres, always useful.
I'm currently shod with some chunky enduro's so didn't fancy too much road work in the end (also a little stiff from a blast out with some of the TRF guys the day before- what a wuss)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts