Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Off uup North this August (God and Wife willing) but do't fancy the hours of M'way dullness.
Anyone got a fast scenic route I can use, even for some decent chunks to keep me feeling alive.

I would love to just 'do' the coast(from Devon), but fear it would take the whole time, and would love to maximise my Northern Exposure (next week off on 2 wheels pencilled in for 2013!)

Questions-

Routes from the Lake District, ideas, advice and experiences,
Especially bits to avoid ie look good on the map, you spend hours getting there and they suck! or vice versa (little gems that you stumble across and just stop and think wow, this is great)

Anything specific it would be good to know for the final push to CW:withstupid:

Budget, let's say limited :clown: essentially just fuel and food, (if there is anything left after the fuel:lol:)

Accomodation, Bivvy/ hammock (at least it's got a midge net:lol:)

All helpful suggestions gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
let us know your plans

the haggis possy could hook-up :thumb:
wales lakes west coast of scotland.. nice trip

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Ooer, ooer *sticks finger in the air* ;-)

I've got vague plans to grab as much highlands as I can manage in the week prior to the national, I wouldn't mind a few pointers either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scotland is a fantastic place for riding

The west coast is the best

Who will ever forget the ride over the top into Applecross

Who will forget the road from John O Groats too Ullapool

The road from Ullapool to Applecross

Arran?

The Mull of Kintyre

All of it Stunning

·
Registered
23 Posts
Regarding getting off the motorway

What about staying on the motorway until Junction 36 of the M6 then

Pulling off riding up through to the Kirkstone Pass stop at the overpriced camp-site/Pub Sykeside Camping Park and Brotherswater Inn then the next day head off towards Penrith riding alongside the Ullswater then on through the Hartside pass having breakfast at the famous Hartside Cafe Hartside Pass, Cumbria then head towards Hawick perhaps taking in the Buddhist temple at Kagyu Samye Ling - Tibetan Buddhist Centre on the way then what about a late afternoon tea at the Falkirk wheel The Falkirk Wheel Scotland before heading off to Strathyre to stay at the Camp in Loch Lomond National Park at Immervoulin

Very Approx route on Google Maps

A590 to Strathyre, Callander, Perthshire

The route does not include the Temple

Question is what do you on the next day

Regards

Peter

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
As Raymo says -

Give us a shout and we'll hook up somewhere.

The Cape is ok :rolleyes:

Just depends how you get there ;););):D:D

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers all, for route ideas (and google links) etc Wales and up via the coast would be great, but time not on my side and Wales could be more of a weekend activity (if swmbo gives me time off for gd behaviour)Would be good to meet a few of you guys on the other side of the wall, if it all comes together I'll post a rough guide/plan closer to the time, happy for a friendly face or 2 along the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts