Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing a bit of fettling on a 2001 AT. The chain is a DID 525 ZVM2 and I’m struggling to find a rivet link with the Zvm2 mark.
Does it have to be an exact match or will other DID links fit. Sorry if this seems a daft question but I’ve only had anything to do with trials bike chains, not as critical. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that “yes it does have to match or ‘yes others will fit”? Sorry the question was worded wrong

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. I’ve done some digging and there isn’t a match for that chain which was discontinued several years ago. Busters has got 2 chains in stock and I’ve messaged them about spare links, still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will be ringing them Tuesday morning, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Looking at the DID 2014–2019 catalogues the ZVM2 (O-ring?) was likely replaced by the ZVM-X years ago.

525ZVM-X (X-ring)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I’m not sure if the zvm2 is o or x ring but I’ve been told that the links are not cross compatible by a DID retailer.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is the chain you're fettling on the bike? if so how old is it? Or is it a new (old stock still in box) chain sans the link?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I split it and removed it to clean it, the bikes a 2001 and I’m pretty sure it’s the original chain, it’s done 26k but been stood for years, the chains in perfect nick, hence me wanting to just get a link.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I split it and removed it to clean it, the bikes a 2001 and I’m pretty sure it’s the original chain, it’s done 26k but been stood for years, the chains in perfect nick, hence me wanting to just get a link.

26.000 miles? Time for a new chain and sprockets don't ya think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You would think so but the sprockets are like new, no sign of wear at all. The chain has hardly any give in it at all lengthwise or sideways. I have bit the bullet and ordered a chain anyway as I’m not going to find a link. The bike has been stood for about 8 years but was motd before I bought it so there’s nothing major to worry about, it starts and runs as sweet as a nut and everything works as it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts