1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

you who are the experts...can you look at this link

2008 Honda XL700V Transalp - Top Speed

does anyone know what specifically would have been upgraded in the bike to allow for the extra carrying capacity as it quotes the ta700 with a maximum laden weight of 200kg vs the 180kg of the ta650?...

R.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They may have uprated the suspension as well as the capacity.
Add a couple of large riders (80 Kgs )and luggage and the 650 could cope.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it does:p...i am more than 90KG and the wife is 70KG without luggage(around 90kg with all her accouterments:()....bike copes admirably well..

the key i found however is to distribute weight around the bike....a properly loaded tank bag and some small bags on the crash bars balance out everything

R.

i am just curious as to what is changed in a bike to increase its laden weight...does one make the suspensions stiffer, increase the tyre pressure, is the frame tougher?

am a curious chappie, always trying to find out stuff...sorry if i pester;);)

R.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I really wouldn't believe their stats. They quote the kerb weight of the non-abs 700 as 214kg and the loaded weight as 369kg. Basic maths says this is a load of 369-214 = 155kg. That's somewhat below the 200kg they also quote.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i`ve already tried losing all my hair....but that did not drop too much weight. dieting now is impossible:color:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts