Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 XRV Africa twin. My problem is that the clock needs resetting every time I switch the ignition off. Any solutions.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
buy a wrist watch :toothy9: remember them things people wore back in the last century before cell phones became popular . I left home without my phone one day and had no means of telling the time while traveling along . I noticed a man probably in his early twenty's walking towards me I stopped to ask him the time . he seemed really freaked out by me stopping most lightly stoned on weed said his battery in his phone was dead but he guessed the time . he was out by a couple of hours I later found out when I stopped for petrol . I wanted to get to a shop that closed at 5 pm . a time clock on a bike is a very handy thing no doubt about it . was your clock working ok and just started playing up or was it like this when you bought the bike this info will help you get a helpful reply . good luck with it . I got a go on a Moto Guzzi new falcone 500 an Italian army bike that had been in a crate unassembled since it was made in 1970 untill a few years ago when someone imported a good few of them to the uk and people got a chance to buy the coolest mecano set ever made . beautiful old thing to ride it was I didn't go far or fast but then can move themselves along quite nicely by all accounts very strong front break for a drum . the owner had a piece of Velcro on the bike . I asked whats that for ? his time clock . he has a piece of Velcro on all his bikes and moves his clock from bike to bike . what a great ideal :thumbup: good luck getting sorted I can fully understand how it would bug you it would drive me nuts . I couldn't bare to ride a bike without a working trip meter its my fuel gauge .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check the fuse, The trip meter has a permanent live supply from the fuse box (clock) that maintains time function when the ignition is off. If fuse is ok you will need to check wiring and connector block for trip meter red and green wire should be permanent live. Good luck

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I had this last year and it was dust and dirt inside the unit affecting the contacts

Take it off and clean up the connections and hoover out any of the dust build up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts