Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get one of these keys cut? Please don't suggest a local locksmith, I've been there, done that. There are relatively few people who have the machine to cut these apparently.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
these babies are high security. To get a replacement you have to have the origional Key Code. there are a few big lock smiths that can do them, Last time I had some access keys like that, it cost close to £1000 for 12

·
Registered
276 Posts
Correct very costly and only few places do them . I had to order some for work they ended up coming from Italy (£2600 for 110 pairs of keys )
You may need to contact the larger companies like Standfast.
They normally only deal with companies so you could find it hard for just one key.

Northy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The keys came with the padlock/security chains I purchased (English Chain co') from 'Motrax' distributors. There are two with each padlock and I wanted one spare which I wouldn't have thought was an outrageous wish. Spare keys are only £5 each.

The retailers did say that it is very difficult to get them cut. I have a local very good locksmith and sure enough he said he doesn't have a clue where I'd get them cut.

Any more info' would be appeciated. Standfast? who him? where?

This is the padlock.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No not really, but I would think that 'Motrax' have just put a chain/padlock package together.

I think 'Motrax' supplied the keys. I'll have to check on this.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Miggy ,
Standfast are a local but big firm (to Kent) dealing with all security things. There may be others like it in your area.
Northy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts