Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Riky Cross have offered www.xrv.org.uk members a discount of 20%!!!
Please mention the site when ordering to get your discount.

http://www.rikycross.it/

No idea what half of the site says but they have a few AT parts.

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Crumbs Dave, you've been busy :shock:

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to say thanks for all the effort you put into this on our behalf.

That sounds really, really grovelly :oops: , s'not meant to and I'm not looking for any favours, honest :D

Cheers
-Simon

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I didn't do anything. These offers are coming in because they see you lot as active buyers. They know you spend money on your bike and want your business.
The challenge with this one is that I know that Riky Cross used to do some decent stuff for the AT but their site is very difficult to work out as its all in Italian.

L

·
0 Posts
20% is very good discount. There must be something more I need :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was almost so good that I wondered if they had misprinted it.
I didn't check but have the email.
If someone tests them out perhaps you can post back here.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,019 Posts

That my little Honda riding chums is a Riky Cross crashbar and tank protector fingy. (Rider is Strange Dave, I say rider, he's actually stuck with his bashplate on top of a rock and only pretending to ride)

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
I'm trying to learn Italian at the mo, but deffo not up to this standard, try pasting the whole URL into the relevant section of Alta Vista's Babel Fish translator, i use this all the time for German translations of RD03 kit on ebay, you get some funny bits but generally easy to comprende

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a flash based site though so I don't think it will work.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Just given it a go and it works fine, it even translates all the pages you go to from the first translated page :shock:

Only problem is they don't have pictures with most of the items and some of the words are literal translations, so not too accurate, also any word that doesn't have a direct translation stays in Italian.

·
A Dad with longlegs
226 Posts
I know some Italian Motorcyclists from my Milan office. If someone has time to cut and paste into a word doc all the relevant descriptions, i'll ask them to translate and then post it onto this thread.

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
The English language button doesn't seem to work but if you select the German language button some of that is in English. Enough to locate and download the PDF 'rally' catalogue. It's in (bad) English as well as Italian.

There's a few AT bits and pieces in there - I've emailed the catalogue to Dave. Don't know if there's a way of linking it to the site.

Hmmmn, try this http://www.rikycrossracingshop.it/eng/accessori_rally.pdf and go to page 3 :shock:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Ok, after much not understanding (on my part) and the order form not being laid out for UK ordering, I sent an email to Riky Cross over the weekend, got home today to find a reply and a Paypal invoice, so good turnround at order stage and most importantly they have given me a 20% discount as advertised by DaveS :D
Shipping is stated at 35 euro for crash bars for my RD03 so the total = 167 euro (~£112) which is also excellent because nobody else seems to do them for the RD03 (didn't even get a reply from EIBC!).
I just hope they get delivered as quick, don't want to have to carry them back when we go on hols :lol:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Update : crashbars arrived on wednesday (15th Feb) via UPS who had the sense to leave them with a nieghbor, not the best packed but Ok and unmarked, not fitted yet but every thing looks to be there and seems to line up Ok, instructions for fitting kindly supplied in English, look fine and well worth the money, came with a free cargo net! nice little pressie.

Very good to deal with and no hassle about the discount, defo recommended :D

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
All went well with the fitting till I tried to align the upper bracket, sorry Riky Cross, but it's just wrong, about 10mm too high.
I can get mine remade, actually feels solid enough without so not in a great rush.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
someone was asking somewhere? so here's a pic of where the upper bracket's supposed to go, supposed to fasten round the radiator lugs and reach down to the two inner holes in the clamp bracket, but it's just too short to reach :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Crashbars

Hi Dilbert,
Just been looking at the photo of your RC crashbars.
I have just fitted mine and got exactly the same problem.
Did you get yours sorted ? if so could you let me know how and by whom, as i will gladly pay to get mine sorted properly.

Regards Mart.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Hello,
these are the prices of items that you have required:
- cod. 112L headlight fairing guard without carrier 158,00 euro, (you can install this item with cod. 109 or 110 only)
- cod. 109L fuel tank steel guard 168,00 euro,
- cod. 110L fuel tank steel guard with net 221,00 euro;
- shipping in UK is 50,00 euro.
- discount for xrv.org is 10% and not 20%.

If you are interest, you can confir the order and i send you the istructions for payment with credit card on PayPal website. You remenber to write the correct address and a telephon number ( both for my transporter).
Best regards
Riky Cross
www.rikycross.it
www.rikycrossracingshop.it

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
To be honest I didn't do anything. These offers are coming in because they see you lot as active buyers. They know you spend money on your bike and want your business.
The challenge with this one is that I know that Riky Cross used to do some decent stuff for the AT but their site is very difficult to work out as its all in Italian.
i had loads of rikycross stuff on my xt600 years ago and it was very sturdy.
if you want to translate the website, look up the site on google and google has a "translate" button next to each site not in english (or whatever home language youve set google to).
be warned, if italian grammar is anything like german you get some hilarious phrases, my favourite used to be "turning implement for the requirement of spinning tools screwed parts together" this is a wrench apparently, but oddly enough a spanner is a spanner! hope things have improved by now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts