Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a change today I thought I head off down to the Cotswolds, an area within spitting distance that I rarely take advantage of. I took a few images but noting too exciting.
First I headed for Stow on the wolds via the stunning Fosse way, the weather was perfect and for once I'd kitted up right for the sun :).
On arrival at Stow it was absolutely heaving with traffic so we decided to carry on past and on to Bourton on the Water and sampled some highly recommended Fish and Chips (they hit the spot):rolleyes:

Having had our fill of Chips we then moved on to Bibury via the back lanes where beautiful views of the surrounding countryside were afforded us, I was that taken by it all I forgot to take any photos of it :blink: but did get a couple of Bibury and more importantly my bike by the road in Bibury............oh and a nice pot of tea was had
;)

Next on the agenda was the Thames Lock at Lechlade ....sat and smoked and watch the boats go buy for a bit and then decided it might be time to set off home.
the route home took in Brize Norton, Burford, Chipping Norton,
Bambury, then the A423 upto Princethorpe where we picked up the Fosse way to the A5
to Hinckley and then home 194 miles in all, had a throroughly enjoyable day on some great roads, I will definately head to this part of the country again

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Nice write up Russ :thumbup:

Small world innit ? many, many years ago, went down to stay with my uncle in Hinckley, think he was working in Coalsville or something sounding like that ?
Really nice scenery around those parts :thumbright:

Seem to remember we went to Mallory Park which I guess isn't too far away.

Thanks for sharing :cool:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, I'm about 12 miles from Hinckley, 5 miles from coalville (I work in coalville) and about 7 miles from Mallory............small world indeed :thumbup:

and whealie didn't even call in when he took that trumpet back:(

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bike is looking good :thumbright:

Reads like you had an excellent day out. A good weekend sets you up for the week.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nice one Russ :D

Nice neck of the woods indeed :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Nice pics Russ, seems you had as good a day as I did.:D

Andy.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Ah one of my favourite places too, and not too far away from here (well, not for the boys on their big bikes anyway) . And Mallory Park is just down the road - even the occasional Van Van has been spotted there ;)

Nessie at Mallory 009.jpg

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
So good open bye ways done there Russ, Been there twice with DW. Where was hudders did not he now you were going out?

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
The funniest thing I've seen in the Cotswolds was a bunch of tourists tottering around in there best clothes on a green lane.

The lane in question is Ryknild Street...... Icknield Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and was built by the romans, obviously they thought this would be great to visit and as far as I can tell had walked to it from Bourton-on-the-Water.

They must have been dissapointed to find a rough track in the middle of nowhere and turned their cameras on me and my RD04 as I passed by them :D

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Bourton is a favorite of mine.:D.

The B4031 on the way there /back to MK is a hoot......good tarmac, twistys, ups and downs, blind bends, wide sweeping open bends too...........shame its not 50 miles longer.;).

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
John, I'm about 12 miles from Hinckley, 5 miles from coalville (I work in coalville) and about 7 miles from Mallory............small world indeed :thumbup:

and whealie didn't even call in when he took that trumpet back:(
And the day before when I got to the turn-off of the M1 and realised I had forgotten the keys to the zebra and turned round and went home.....

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And the day before when I got to the turn-off of the M1 and realised I had forgotten the keys to the zebra and turned round and went home.....
only 3 miles from M1 junc 22 :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts