Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently been doing some reseach on my honda CT90 and posted this method of creating your own parts fiche on their site.

Many part suppliers have online part listings but many do not use the Honda part numbers- Bike Bandit, or do no have any numbers-CMSNL. However some do use Honda’s own numbers so you can make your own fiche. It is time consuming and the resulting document should only be used for your own purposes as there are copyright implications if republished.
I have done it on a PC using the following methods using House of Honda fiche- eg honda parts,honda oem parts, parts, Honda, motorcycle parts,oem honda parts,motorcycle,parts,
HoH allow you to print a section of their fiche so you can eventually print them all off and have a part list. You can print to file, I have Adobe Pro so can create pdf files of each part then merge into a single document.
If you want a more compact final document or you do not have Adobe Pro you can use MS Word to cut and paste the fiche. The pictures can be copied and the listings can be selected and pasted into Word, they will normally paste as tables. It is worth deleting the tickbox column and one or both the price columns to decrease the document size. On each row of the part column if you delete most spaces between name and number the number will move up alongside the name. Then the fiche picture and item list will fit on one side for most sections. It also helps to delete some multiple entries where parts have been superseded just leaving the current (or last) available part.
If you have lots of time you can then repeat the exercise for other models say K1, K2 & K6 or K6 and C110 etc then dump each table into Excel and use the sort facility to arrange the data in different ways to determine what’s the same/different.
Note
I have found that the online lists are not 100% correct for older bikes. Do not know enough about CT’s but looking at Transalps and Hawks-similar engines there were errors in conrods and piston pins the listings showed items were the same where they were most definitely not-pins are different diameters. It is possible that errors occurred when the film fiche were digitised.

HoH only list US bikes so no ATs and only early TAs but there are some other sites that do list using Honda numbers as xrv did in DaveS days though some survive http://www.dslater.org/fiches/ also - All the Honda OEM parts motocycle from 45000 part list, fast delivery worldwide.
DaveS data still available.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just used the DaveS list to generate a parts list for my 1992 CB750F2.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've just used the Dave Slater list as above to generate pdf files. Very useful, many thanks.

I like the way it also tells me how long the jobs should take...................

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
go to lings website they have the honda parts lists online

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is of course true but it's much more convenient having the whole thing in one pdf file as well as not needing internet access.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I created the pdf files so I can use them where I have no internet access-eg bike jumbles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to be the lazy (efficient) one, but has anyone done this for an RD07 and doesn't mind sharing the final PDF?
I don't have a computer (only a tablet) so this sort of thing is quite difficult for me. But I agree, it would be very handy to have such a microfiche when riding far from home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts