Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys & gals, spent an couple of hours in the garage playing (as we do!!) spent less than £10 on materials and come up with this prototype. We'll call it mark one for the time being.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll tell you what and where you need to order the bits from...as I say less than £10:eek:

Not finalised the 'U' bolts yet for fixing to the cross bar or the rubber to make it watertight - as I say just playing with mark one!!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Well guys & gals, spent an couple of hours in the garage playing (as we do!!) spent less than £10 on materials and come up with this prototype. We'll call it mark one for the time being.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll tell you what and where you need to order the bits from...as I say less than £10:eek:

Not finalised the 'U' bolts yet for fixing to the cross bar or the rubber to make it watertight - as I say just playing with mark one!!
That looks the business - I for one am definately interested in how you went about that :thumbup:

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
I think I feel a very detailed wiki entry coming on - that may proove to be very popular amongst us cheap-skates.............

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
If that's mark 1 , I can't wait to see the finished version !!!!

Nice one.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Wow. That looks as good as the ones you buy (better than some of them I've seen). Excellent job, particularly if it's only cost you a £10er to make!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
That looks the business - I for one am definately interested in how you went about that :thumbup:
I am definitely interested in sending you a tenner to make me one :D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
nice, well done, that looks every bit as good as a touratech one, probably better in fact cos its got a bit of built in "care and enthusiasm" if you know what i mean!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
pretty damm good:cool::cool::cool::cool:well done that man:cool:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now, question is am I feeling generous?? do I spill the beans and share my 'how to build it for £10' or do I make loads and just sell them on ebay??????
As you are such a great bunch of guys and gals I think I will spill the beans. Just give me a few days as I'm stuck in Muscat, Oman. When I get back at the weekend I will post a detailed 'how to' guide.

·
Brrrummm!
317 Posts
Excellent! Just up my street. I can see the engineering emporium (garage) working over time. Please keep me posted.

Mark

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Now, question is am I feeling generous?? do I spill the beans and share my 'how to build it for £10' or do I make loads and just sell them on ebay??????
As you are such a great bunch of guys and gals I think I will spill the beans. Just give me a few days as I'm stuck in Muscat, Oman. When I get back at the weekend I will post a detailed 'how to' guide.
No, no, no, no, no. You make a few for us guys at a reasonable price and then when we have all raved about how great they are you sell a load on ebay and make a fortune.

G

·
I was thinking of making a simple dual drive motorized slimlime version but was having problems finding a decent case. We've now got a method of joining aluminium together so might look at prgressing the idea. If I can get it all upto spec then it'll probably be somewhere in the range of 60 quid with handlebar up/down/light controls.

Kymmy

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts

Good work (however you did it ;) ) Omans a cool place - my dad used to work there when i was younger - he was based at Seeb, and we got free summer holidays until i was 16 (some years ago now - and always bloody hot) - i bet its changed a lot now - lots of potential for off roading out there:cool: .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
well done kitped.... the build quality looks really impressive, I could do with fitting one as a back up to the gps.. the tomtom rider went totally blank on me once and i had foolishly allowed myself to become lazy and dependant on it so consequently found myself in the middle of wales without a map...a sharp wake up call having never been there before...this was of course before i discovered the reset pinhole switch that puts everything back right(duh! i'm not normally that stupid honest!!!!) but since that escapade i always take some form of back-up and one of these units would just fit the bill i think....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking of making a simple dual drive motorized slimlime version but was having problems finding a decent case. We've now got a method of joining aluminium together so might look at prgressing the idea. If I can get it all upto spec then it'll probably be somewhere in the range of 60 quid with handlebar up/down/light controls.

Kymmy
Did you make one?
Cheers
Andy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts