Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all
I`m trying to build a rear side rack but i really need a template or a scheme with measures for this so that i can start building it.
Without the templates i would have to do everything approximately. I can do that too, but if i had a template i think it would look better.
If anyone can point me in the right direction on where to find it would be really great.
Anyway ill post some photos here on how it goes.
Thank you

·
Registered
2003 Honda XL650V Transalp
349 Posts
Did you intend to fit a particular brand of hard luggage/panniers? Or are you going to use soft panniers? I made a set for my '03 Transalp XL650V for soft panniers. It was all approximated and made from light gauge steel I already had to match various mounting points available on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you intend to fit a particular brand of hard luggage/panniers? Or are you going to use soft panniers? I made a set for my '03 Transalp XL650V for soft panniers. It was all approximated and made from light gauge steel I already had to match various mounting points available on the bike.
I will use soft panniers
Rectangle Composite material Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Till now this has been done

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Whats the Beemer in the background. Nice work by the way. Are you a professional iron fighter.
Hi Hoppicker
Thats a BMW R65 1989, have almost finished restoring and converting it to a caffe racer. I'll show you how it was and how it became. Im just a person that loves working with bikes, well maybe a little bit more 😄
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great. A friend has just put a Siebenrock cylinder convervtion on his R65. Much better performance. I have Upped my R80GS to 1000cc with the Siebenrock kit as well. I can highlly recommend it. Not cheap but the difference is amazing. Just Cylinders Pistons and spark plugs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great. A friend has just put a Siebenrock cylinder convervtion on his R65. Much better performance. I have Upped my R80GS to 1000cc with the Siebenrock kit as well. I can highlly recommend it. Not cheap but the difference is amazing. Just Cylinders Pistons and spark plugs.
Yeah i've seen that kit, its great but its a little bit expensive, last time i checked it was 1200 euros

1 - 16 of 16 Posts