1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're not actually having thoughts about picking up or even, gods forbid, using them are you? :D

Seriously, that's some decent work. :thumbup:
Come on get real
Its me, Vader you talking to:rolleyes::D:D

just liked the pics and i am always facinated what other people can come up with:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Really interesting and I especially liked the fitting kit. Much better than pucks or other such gizmos.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Good find, i am serioursly thinking about this as the 'bought' ones are expensive and the challenge is there... Now where is that you tube link on welding :cool:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
seen this a while back and was thinking along those lines.. the lids are the difficult bit.. I was in IKEA and suddenly took an interest in rectangular roasting pots, much to the wifes amazement..

!what you looking at!... ""they would make great lids for alloy side cases""

then she walked off.. serious check em out.. then make the base to fit .. :blob6:

IKEA | Search result

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
seen this a while back and was thinking along those lines.. the lids are the difficult bit.. I was in IKEA and suddenly took an interest in rectangular roasting pots, much to the wifes amazement..

!what you looking at!... ""they would make great lids for alloy side cases""

then she walked off.. serious check em out.. then make the base to fit .. :blob6:

IKEA | Search result
Ooo I like the one with grill rack. Could double as a barbecue. One for each side and you could have TWO barbies. Beat that vader :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Ooo I like the one with grill rack. Could double as a barbecue. One for each side and you could have TWO barbies. Beat that vader :)

stainless steel too and you get the handles :thumbup:

go for it Boris.. next time your in IKEA.. its worth it just for the wifes reaction :D priceless :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Great find Pete, I was thinking of buying a set of alloy boxes but I might just have a go at making some. The beauty of this idea is that you make the boxes to fit what you need to carry and no more, not stuck with something that is probably too big so you fill them with crap you never use! :D

Andy.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Used this site to get an idea to make mine, well kind of copy. worked well so far and mounted on to the Givi rails.

The lids were ok to make i just used 2 molegrips and 2 strips of metal to bend them, still havent got the corners welded mind.

If i can do it anyone else can. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts