Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever dealt with DK spares ...Same people that sell bikes in Stoke I think.....They've offered me an engine.

I'm not near enough to give it a poke though...They reputable..?? (We're talking used spares here :thumbup:)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Anyone ever dealt with DK spares ...Same people that sell bikes in Stoke I think.....They've offered me an engine.

I'm not near enough to give it a poke though...They reputable..?? (We're talking used spares here :thumbup:)

My only experience with DK is when I was after spares for my RD03 and they had some panels and tank, from an RD04 which will of course fit, and their prices were more than double of other breakers:(

I cant speak for the quality of the items they sell though!!

Probably not much help but that all I can offer, perhaps others have more idea as to quality etc

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Their stuff has a guarentee does'nt it :confused: check this 1st.:thumbup:

Ask them Cabby and if the price is right why not mate.:D

·
Registered
782 Posts
I`ve used them a few times.

Yep,they are a tad pricey but the parts were exactly as described and the service was very good.
Also,as stated,they guarantee their used parts...especially engines.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I`ve used them a few times.

Yep,they are a tad pricey but the parts were exactly as described and the service was very good.
Also,as stated,they guarantee their used parts...especially engines.
Thanks chaps..I'll give em' a bell Monday...

£375 + VAT + DEL (?)....Is that Two Deer:)D)....Back on the road's the important bit...Plus..I keep getting the urge to get an ex-army Harley with what's left of my no smokin' cash.......:D...The urge is strong...:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Cabby

They're just down the road from me in Newcastle-under-lyme and it's where I got my Versys from, they are generally fairly good and fair price, but they are advertised as the largest bike supermarket in Europe (they certainly have lots of secondhand bikes).

Problem is a big shop will have big overheads, so you may find some spares expensive, on the other hand I got some forks for my lads Suzuki 125 very cheaply (Chinese pattern import).

I would have been happy to go and check it out for you, but I'm off to Torquay for a week seting out at 9am tomorrow, soonest I could get there would be the weekend after next, sorry matey.

·
Registered
123 Posts
at the end of the day mate youl not know what the donk sounds like till its in ,it may be ****e ,yours is a good motor mate and if you find someone who knows his onions a bit:thumbup: theyl mend it for half that i bet no problem,ask around and find a good mechanic they all over the place mate ,thats what id do mate but its your call mate ,if that motor had come out of say a crash damage wi 20,000 miles on then cool but at the end of the day why is it out of the bike i say?:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts